MC2100 power valve size on 258? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > MC2100 power valve size on 258?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 11-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #16
Cashcrazy

The 2100 (1.08)is fairly new to the jeep. I finally got tired of the Carter getting clogged. I may try a 7.5 power valve and #47 jets. At least I will know what size power valve I am working with. I looked for contact info for GP Sorensen to ask what size power valve they pack in their kit, but didn't have success.

Unread 11-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #17
Cashcrazy

I screwed one screw in all the way and it ran like crap. I only ran one in because I read that it should die with one screw all the way in, if not it is over jetted. Then I read several arguments about the main jets not effecting the idle. Idle Rpm is 600-700
Unread 11-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #18
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Cash,

I think this link should help you get your 2100 dialed in.

http://street2mud.com/webfiles/MC-21...%20a%20258.pdf

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #19
scrapman
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashcrazy View Post
I screwed one screw in all the way and it ran like crap. I only ran one in because I read that it should die with one screw all the way in, if not it is over jetted. Then I read several arguments about the main jets not effecting the idle. Idle Rpm is 600-700
If you screw both idle screws in, the engine should die. If it doesn't, you have a blown power valve, which is letting fuel in the engine at idle. Your idle screws should always be moved in or out together. Follow the link Matt gave you, and you should be able to get the carb dialed in.

On another note, your charcoal canister may be saturated with gas from the old carter carb. When I had my carter, the floats would stick, and liquid gasoline would come out of the vent tubes and go straight to the charcoal canister.

Somewhere on here there is a thread where someone put new activated charcoal (fishbowl rocks) into their canister, and then sealed it back up. I bet you could find it if you searched.

EDIT: Well it wasn't on this site, but here is the rebuild: http://jeep.smallcraft.net/canister/
scrapman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #20
Cashcrazy

My canister could very well be gone. The line that is T'ed in the PCV valve line in the street2mud link makes the canister constantly make a high pitch whine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.