MC2100 has openings not covered by adapter plate - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > MC2100 has openings not covered by adapter plate

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-31-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
CJFF29
1979 CJ7 

MC2100 has openings not covered by adapter plate

Was looking for some guidance here. I bought a used MC2100 off of Ebay hoping to put it on my 258. Pretty straight forward so far right. I did some research and bought the proper adapter plate and manual throttle. When I flipped the carb over it looks to have open areas that dont get covered up by the adapter plate, the guy at Napa(auto parts store) said it was a newer one and that might be the issue. Long and short.... can I use this one and if so how or do I need to go find another one.
Thanks

CJFF29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2009, 02:24 PM   #2
wm69

Yep, get a manifold to carb spacer. It will go between the carb and adapter and close that gap up. napa has them.

Phenolic spacer. My rebuild kit came with one.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO

Last edited by wm69; 12-31-2009 at 03:26 PM..
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
Supertrucker
1979 CJ5 

Same here. It came in my rebuild kit. I have also been told that some factory Ford applications had this spacer and it was drilled for an extra vacuum port. I'm going to look for one of these next time I hit the junkyard.
Supertrucker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2010, 08:59 AM   #4
CJFF29
1979 CJ7 

Ok so I take the carb to Napa and we look up the correct rebuild kit for this year carb. He started laughing and said the kit is $65. Why would this be almost 3X more than other kits? Can I use one of the kits for an older carb since I am gonna use a manual choke set up.
Unread 01-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #5
_Kyle_
1996 ZJ 

The kit Napa tried to get me yesterday was $28 and some change. PN 3-965A. They said it was for the 2100 Motorcraft Carb.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2010, 12:10 PM   #6
CJFF29
1979 CJ7 

Awesome.... I will be stoppin by there first thing tomorrow. Now I will just need this weather to warm up so I can get the intake/exhaust man. Back on and see if I can get this thing running again.
Unread 01-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #7
_Kyle_
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJFF29 View Post
Awesome.... I will be stoppin by there first thing tomorrow. Now I will just need this weather to warm up so I can get the intake/exhaust man. Back on and see if I can get this thing running again.
NP. Don't count on them having it in stock. The closest ones to me were 2-3 hours away. They should be able to find yours using their computers by looking up the vehicle. Don't call on the phone, they are lazy and rude when you do and won't put any effort into it. I hate NAPA for this reason, that and most of the parts jockeys think you are ignorant when you go in there trying to find something that's not super common or easy and refuse to help you. /rant.

I ended getting a kit at O'Reilly. I went to Autozone since I know the guys there well and they didn't have it. But I went in back to grab something and by the time I can up front, they had already called O'Reilly and had one on hold for me! Talk about service. The O'Reilly kit is OK at best (at least it's made in the USA). My carb does function 100x better, but they don't include an air cleaner gasket or a new choke pull off diaphram...and you will most like destroy yours take it off. Autozone has them for $8 though...but I just sealed mine up. Other than that, it's not too bad...take photos when you take it apart though, LOTS. So you get the linkages right. Also, reset the idle mix screws to the STOCK settings or it won't run worth a **** (it's 2 turns out from setting it). Also make sure you use the new power valve gasket or it will pour fuel all over the intake and it'll take a while to figure out where it's coming from.

EDIT: The O'reilly PN is WLK 15654 @ $36.99.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #8
CJFF29
1979 CJ7 

Thanks for the info. The guys at my napa aren't super fast but usually do the best they can. This will be my first attempt at tearing down a carb so it should be interesting. I thought about just putting it in as is without the rebuild since it looks to be in good shape but will probably be better off just putting the time in and learning something. Just seems like the more I try to fix simple stuff it turns into more complicating and more expensive than I have money or skill for.
Unread 04-15-2010, 05:00 AM   #9
CJFF29
1979 CJ7 

Just realized my carb does not have the fuel inlet nut. was wondering what size it is so I can pick one up while I am at work. It is smaller than the one off my Carter which I was hoping to use. Thanks for the Help>
Unread 04-15-2010, 08:48 AM   #10
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

My carb kit was from NAPA... cost around $30. I was not confident that they gave me the right kit! I know a guy that works there so I trusted that he was correct. It seems to me that my kit was created to rebuild more than my specific carb. I think it covered different models. For example, my new power valve did not fit my carb. All this doesn't mean anything, but a little heads-up. The rebuild wasn't hard... very interesting. Good luck.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.