MC2100 adapter to intake Gasket???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > MC2100 adapter to intake Gasket????

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

MC2100 adapter to intake Gasket????

Hi Im usually over on YJ forum but this question is more CJ specific I had a major vacuum leak between my TRD-#2086 adapter for my MC2100 carb on my '90 4.2 with a 4.0 head, been running it for three years without a problem then I started gettting a lean problem. It was definately the gasket as it was obivious where the gasket was allowing it to leak past. I really just need the gasket to mate my adapter to intake. None of my local auto part stores are willing to help me, O'Reillys can go suck a donkey and has lost my business all together. I can order these parts through summit but not just the gasket. Im really frustrated from looking for this gasket, there seems to not be a quality product out there for a person to do this conversion, even the adapter plate doesnt really tighten down on the intake all that well. I have heard of using allen head bolts so I will try that as soon as I can find me a darn gasket. Any of you have luck finding a gasket that works for this application?

Oh yeah!! A pic of my jeep, Im kinda the Black sheep of the YJ family.

Unread 07-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Just get a sheet of gasket material. Trace the shape of the adapter on it then cut it out with scissors.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwhore View Post
Just get a sheet of gasket material. Trace the shape of the adapter on it then cut it out with scissors.
That was my next move since I was having a hard time finding one, mr gasket actually makes a gasket similar to what I need for a holley carb, its a thin gasket. I was mainly wanting a phelonic gasket (thicker)since my adapter came with the thicker gasket originally. I want to reduce the heat transfer from the intake or does that even make a difference since the adapter is a spacer already??
Unread 07-29-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
jeepwhore

1984 CJ7 

So is it the thicker cardboard type gasket that comes in a carb kit that you're after? If so you might have to bite the bullet and buy the rebuild kit to get it unless you can find a ford part # for it and source one through a dealership......which might cost just as much.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
Unread 07-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So is it the thicker cardboard type gasket that comes in a carb kit that you're after? If so you might have to bite the bullet and buy the rebuild kit to get it unless you can find a ford part # for it and source one through a dealership......which might cost just as much.
when I bought the adapter to bolt the MC2100 down the kit came with a thicker cardboard type gasket that is the gasket Im after but if the thicker gasket is not needed then I will just make my own out of a roll of gasket maker. I was just wanting to go back to the thicker gasket for more heat reduction. I just dont know what everyone is using for a gasket between the intake and adapter, mines the only one Ive seen in person.
Unread 07-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #6
jeepwhore

1984 CJ7 

My bad, I was thinking you were after the gasket between the carb and adapter. In which case I would definitely do what you have to to get one as it helps prevent a massive vacuum leak on the back underside of the carb.

I just used a regular gasket between the intake and adapter.....in fact I think it was the one that cam off the bottom of the stock carb.

Unread 07-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #7
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My bad, I was thinking you were after the gasket between the carb and adapter. In which case I would definitely do what you have to to get one as it helps prevent a massive vacuum leak on the back underside of the carb.

I just used a regular gasket between the intake and adapter.....in fact I think it was the one that cam off the bottom of the stock carb.
Thats what im afraid im down to having to do is use a stock carb gasket Auto zone has one $1.99 just have to cut the two main holes out to an oval for it to fit the adapter.
Unread 07-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #8
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

No more insight on this does everyone just use a stock replacement carb to intake gasket and not a thick phenolic gasket??
Unread 07-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #9
scrapman
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyj View Post
No more insight on this does everyone just use a stock replacement carb to intake gasket and not a thick phenolic gasket??
Use the thick gasket and some Ultra Black sealant, and you will not have a vacuum leak.
scrapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #10
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapman View Post

Use the thick gasket and some Ultra Black sealant, and you will not have a vacuum leak.
Where can I get the thick gasket? No one seems to sell it I created this thread in hopes someone knows where to get it from?
Unread 07-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #11
scrapman
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Where can I get the thick gasket? No one seems to sell it I created this thread in hopes someone knows where to get it from?
I think I just got mine from O'reilly's, but here is a website that sells them:

http://www.carburetion.com/ford2v.htm

I believe I have seen them other places also. I think the part you ask for is a fel-pro 60529 gasket.

Here it is at O'reilly's:

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...1056&ppt=C0026

EDIT: The one I bought was flat on both sides. I think I just asked for the thick gasket that goes with an MC 2100. It looked more like the one shown at the above website.
Unread 07-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #12
scrapman
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
After digging, I think the fel-pro 60716 may be the gasket I used. Here it is at Autozone.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...ier=67551_0_0_
Unread 07-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #13
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks scrapman I will check on each one of those as much as I dont want to go into Oreillys. The links you posted just take me straight to there stuipid main web page and not the gasket itself. It could be because I'm on my phone anyways. I will just call and give them the part number and go from there I will report back with my findings.
Unread 08-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #14
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Since the shenanigans with the carb gasket I figured I should post up some pics to keep it interesting. I started with some gasket making material and a fel pro 60716 gasket. By the way Thanks scrapman.

I traced out the carb spacer onto the gasket.

Then I cut it out with some scissors and razor knife. Then I used some .40 cal spent shell casings to cut out the bolt holes. Just line up the casing and smack it with a hammer. Like butta!

Then I bolted up the carb

somewhere inbetween bolting it all together my camera battery took a crap so I dont have many more pics but you get the idea. She fired right up and idled beautifully so I took it for a late night ride into town. Then I came home and swept out the garage.
Unread 08-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #15
scrapman
1984 CJ7 

SWEET! Great idea on cutting the holes in the gasket. I'll have to remember that one. Now drive it like you stole it!

BTW: Before someone else tells you, I will. You need to turn your fuel filter so the return line is at 12 O'clock, or you may get your gas siphoned out of the carb.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.