maxima to amc 20 disc brake conversion brackets blue print needed? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > maxima to amc 20 disc brake conversion brackets blue print needed?

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-19-2013, 08:08 PM   #76
jamie0921
1973 CJ5 

I like to go with the new stuff myself

jamie0921 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 10:33 PM   #77
titanjeep

1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESRK View Post
I'm cutting/bending some 3/16" tabs for the parking brake cable for Truck633. If they fit, I'll probably start cutting those to go with my Caliper brackets and maybe bump the price up to $30 shipped..

Before everyone bum rushes me with orders for those tabs, let me make sure they're gonna work first..
Now we are all pulling for Truck633 to get back to the Land of Enchantment as soon as possible

2003 KJ : 2002 to Present - Family Hauler
1981 CJ5: 2005 to Present - Build Thread
titanjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #78
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
I'm cutting/bending some 3/16" tabs for the parking brake cable for Truck633. If they fit, I'll probably start cutting those to go with my Caliper brackets and maybe bump the price up to $30 shipped..

Before everyone bum rushes me with orders for those tabs, let me make sure they're gonna work first..
Oh you mean those are gonna look better than my homemade ones below? That's awesome, I'm sure they'll be badazz, definitely worth the $$.

CJ7ROB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #79
Truck633
GO ONE MORE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanjeep View Post
Now we are all pulling for Truck633 to get back to the Land of Enchantment as soon as possible

Working on it!!!!!!!

However, I have to swing by Vegas Friday and Saturday for the monster jam world finals....should be home late Sunday night

BTW....do you ever get used to the traffic here???

Up here - we go by results, when you preached, people slept. When he flew, people prayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
It's like dads new mistress. You hate her until you see her boobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I bet the new bike riding monkey will pedal a lot faster!
Truck633 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #80
titanjeep

1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck633 View Post
BTW....do you ever get used to the traffic here???
Eventually. The process of getting there is very similar to the five stages of grief... Denial , Anger , Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance

Unread 03-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #81
sherlocktk
1984 CJ7 

As Promised I took my brackets off last night and made a detailed (traced) diagram to assist in thoes who want to make these themselfs. this is the "best" of the 2 sides I made.

Sorry im not a CAD guy and my artwork is not "ideal" but should be good enough

Parking Brake PDF with Rulers for dimmesions
http://sherlocktk.com/84%20300zx%20t...20Template.pdf
ebrake-cable-bracket.jpg  
sherlocktk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #82
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Okay.. I took that PDF and did a few sets really quick. I did make a couple small tweaks (to help in ease of production).

Instead of doing a 30deg and 35deg angle, I just bent both ends at about 32-33 deg. The difference is so small that I think it will still work. That allowed me to just set the stroke control on my brake to do both ends the same.

I also just bent both ends at 1.25" from the end... and I rounded the end off by the 5/8" hole.

Took 2 minutes of drawing.. 5 minutes on the plasma table.. and about 30 seconds to bend them (5 at a time).

If these work okay.. I'll cut/bend a few dozen and start including them with the caliper brackets on future orders.

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #83
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Eddie, those look awesome, I'm sure they'd work great. The 5/8" drill bit alone cost me more than the extra $10 for them. Nice work
CJ7ROB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #84
titanjeep

1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Okay.. I took that PDF and did a few sets really quick. I did make a couple small tweaks (to help in ease of production).

Instead of doing a 30deg and 35deg angle, I just bent both ends at about 32-33 deg. The difference is so small that I think it will still work. That allowed me to just set the stroke control on my brake to do both ends the same.

I also just bent both ends at 1.25" from the end... and I rounded the end off by the 5/8" hole.

Took 2 minutes of drawing.. 5 minutes on the plasma table.. and about 30 seconds to bend them (5 at a time).

If these work okay.. I'll cut/bend a few dozen and start including them with the caliper brackets on future orders.
I will take a set

Unread 03-21-2013, 11:53 PM   #85
sherlocktk
1984 CJ7 

I'm just glad some people will actually have parking brakes now. I'm tired of hearing the lies of line lock etc. The new brackets look great. I agree the slight production mods will work without issue. I have to admit it took me more than 2 minutes to do the pencil drawing but I wanted it to be complete.
sherlocktk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 04:38 AM   #86
waterdowg
1984 CJ7 

Quote:

These are great. How much for just the brackets shipped. I purchased the caliper bracket from you a while back but have not had a hance to install them. Which is good, reading that I will need to relocate the holes for a Maxima.
waterdowg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 04:58 AM   #87
billybooster2
1983 CJ8 

I am already setup using the 300zx setup but would like the brackets for the parking brake Are they available separately?
billybooster2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #88
Truck633
GO ONE MORE!!

Man I can't wait to get home......

Up here - we go by results, when you preached, people slept. When he flew, people prayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
It's like dads new mistress. You hate her until you see her boobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I bet the new bike riding monkey will pedal a lot faster!
Truck633 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 11:06 PM   #89
titanjeep

1981 CJ5 

Finished up the disc brake installation this weekend

A complete write-up has just been posted to my build thread. Now I just need to finish up the parking brake installation

Unread 03-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #90
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

The shipping is gonna suck for just those small tabs.. Even the Flat Rate Envelopes are about $5.

It would probably have to be $10 shipped for a couple small tabs like that.. figuring $5 for the pair of tabs.. and $5 for shipping.

Once I start shipping these with the actual caliper brackets, it won't be as bad.. figuring $30 shipped for the Caliper Brackets and the Tabs.

But yeah.. if anybody wants a pair of these tabs at $10 shipped.. hit me up via PM.

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.