maxima to amc 20 disc brake conversion brackets blue print needed? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > maxima to amc 20 disc brake conversion brackets blue print needed?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 05-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #16
jarrodblake
1997 LJ Wrangler 

heres a few pics i only have the driver side done

i have a narrow track with no lift so it looks like i may run into some Clarence issues

also using the maxima caliber you can use a 3/8 hard line like the factory instead of the maxima soft line

jarrodblake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 05:15 AM   #17
waterdowg
1984 CJ7 

Looks good. As for the clearance issue, can you rotate the bracket so the caliper is on the back of the rotor not the top?
waterdowg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 07:18 AM   #18
jarrodblake
1997 LJ Wrangler 

yes but the holes wont line up, you will need to make the bracket that way or i can take the e brake off its not like it ever worked even after new lines
jarrodblake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #19
johnnypac
1980 CJ7 

It looks like you DO have the caliper on the rear/back side. Where is your jack? (looks like its on the axle when you were looking at clearance) On the axle or leaf spring? Does it give you any more clearance from the FRAME when the wheel is on its not jacked up? I'm sure youve thought of that, but just in case.....I'm doing the same swap right now, haven't put the axle back under the jeep but I'm hoping I don't run in to clearance issues. Good luck.
johnnypac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #20
Karp442

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESRK View Post
I just cut 2 pair of those brackets on the plasma table last night... for a buddy.

I've got the DXF files if anyone needs them. I can also do those brackets for anyone who needs them.. figure $20 per set and $5 shipping in a Flat Rate Box.. cut from 3/8". PM if interested..
I'm interested in buying a set if you can still makes these. I'm putting maximum brakes and rotors on an AMC 20 in a 72 Gremlin. Let me know. thank you
Karp442 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #21
Tyger78
1984 CJ7 

I too am interested in buying a set that was made with a CNC plasma or waterjet.
Unread 11-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #22
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Hit me up via PM if interested.. still the same price.. $25 shipped. Think I've got about 5-6 sets on the shelf..

Edit: I cut these brackets regularly. I try to keep a half dozen sets or so laying around.

Also, if anyone is doing a one-off mix/match setup, feel free to hit me up for custom brackets. You'd need to supply the DXF File (if you have access to CAD).. or send me an accurate template from stiff cardboard/MDF/1/4" plywood..etc. Just make sure it's accurate. What you send me in cardboard, is what I send you back in 3/8" steel plate

I would imagine most flat caliper brackets can be done for about $20-$25 per set.. and ship via Flat Rate Box for $5-$10.. depending on size of brackets.

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #23
CBFintheODD
1978 CJ5 

Hey BESRK, I just PMed you, interested in a set for sure. What calipers will these brackets work with? Maxima calipers?

Thanks a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESRK View Post
Hit me up via PM if interested.. still the same price.. $25 shipped. Think I've got about 5-6 sets on the shelf..

Edit: I cut these brackets regularly. I try to keep a half dozen sets or so laying around.

Also, if anyone is doing a one-off mix/match setup, feel free to hit me up for custom brackets. You'd need to supply the DXF File (if you have access to CAD).. or send me an accurate template from stiff cardboard/MDF/1/4" plywood..etc. Just make sure it's accurate. What you send me in cardboard, is what I send you back in 3/8" steel plate

I would imagine most flat caliper brackets can be done for about $20-$25 per set.. and ship via Flat Rate Box for $5-$10.. depending on size of brackets.

Powder coating the Earth!
CBFintheODD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #24
titanjeep

1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnypac View Post
It looks like you DO have the caliper on the rear/back side. Where is your jack? (looks like its on the axle when you were looking at clearance) On the axle or leaf spring? Does it give you any more clearance from the FRAME when the wheel is on its not jacked up? I'm sure youve thought of that, but just in case.....I'm doing the same swap right now, haven't put the axle back under the jeep but I'm hoping I don't run in to clearance issues. Good luck.
Prepping to do this swap in the next couple of weeks. Did you have the clearance issues that you were concerend about?

2003 KJ : 2002 to Present - Family Hauler
1981 CJ5: 2005 to Present - Build Thread
titanjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #25
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

I just ordered the brackets from BESRK. Any benefit of one of these sets of calipers over the other? Any performance differences between the 300Zx and Maxima calipers? Thanks

Maxima

300zx
CJ7ROB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #26
TxJeeper20
1982 CJ5 

I hear all the good info on the swap to discs. but why discs?
Drums work fine? They use them on most heavy dudty trucks pickups and such? discs are a bit simpler and such but will you actually notice the stopping improvment ?
2003 Honda VTX 1300R
2005 Infiniti G35
TxJeeper20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #27
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxJeeper20 View Post
I hear all the good info on the swap to discs. but why discs?
Drums work fine? They use them on most heavy dudty trucks pickups and such? discs are a bit simpler and such but will you actually notice the stopping improvment ?
Well, if you ever do any wheeling in someplace like here in Florida, you'll find that you're often in mud & dirty water. This junk packs up drum brakes fairly quickly, rendering them useless.

Discs, on the other hand are more easily cleaned & therefore functional.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 07:49 AM   #28
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Also guys with more power and bigger than 35" tires, discs help to stop quicker. What E-brake part# are you guys going with #BC93043 or #C94740 or it doesn't matter? thx
Unread 01-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #29
TxJeeper20
1982 CJ5 

Never thought about the gunk buildup. I dont wheel much LOL
2003 Honda VTX 1300R
2005 Infiniti G35
TxJeeper20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #30
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

The plates that Eddie (BESRK) makes are sweet..Well worth the $25 for them. They line right up with the calipers..I may have it on backwards, not sure until I'm ready to put them on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.