Matkins Frames? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Matkins Frames?

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 04-07-2008, 10:33 AM   #1
bluwtrsurfr

Matkins Frames?

I was looking online pricing the possibility my frame is bent or beyond repair. Lots of friends mentioned Matkins Frames and when I went to check them out, www.matkinsextreme.com I came up with a IT company! Anyone know what happened to Matkins?

81 Jeep CJ5 4" lift, 33" Mickey Thompson Baja Claw tires.
bluwtrsurfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2008, 11:11 AM   #2
Javelina

Give these guys a look . . . Throttle Down Kustoms.
Texas Jeep Owners Club Member #51
Javelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2008, 11:17 AM   #3
bluwtrsurfr

Thanks Javelina, I was looking at those, and was hoping to have more than 1 company to chose from, but its looking like TDK might be the way to go if I have to replace the frame...

Unread 04-07-2008, 11:46 AM   #4
diamatron
1978 CJ7 

How much would a 1983 CJ7 frame living in Arizona/Florida and 2 years in Ohio be worth? I offered him $600 dollars for the two axles and Frame. Front Axle has cracked spline he says. There is no rust through, even all body mounts are perfect, incluiding the rear crossmember. If I buy the Frame. Should I still replace the rear crossmember? Are these aftermarket better then the stock. I just have never seen a stock one in useable condition before.
diamatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2008, 11:53 AM   #5
supraman1990
1980 CJ5 

I'mr easonabl sure that TDK is Matkins. I think they got bought out or merged or something of that sort.
On the back burner for college.
supraman1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2008, 12:34 PM   #6
bluwtrsurfr

TDK bought out Advanced Frame Works...didnt see anything about them buying out Matkins though...

diamatron:

A reasonably good frame, no rust or little rust, no cancer would be worth around that price...if theres nothing wrong with the rear crossmember, I wouldnt replace it. a good factory frame coated should last a long time depending on how you beat it up or not...if your a avid offroader going to the rubicon or something similiar, id reenforce the hell out of it...but if your offroading is not so heavy, a stock frame should hold. I personally lack searching patience for looking for a good frame in good condition online...I work on computers, networking and satellite internet all day, I really dont want to deal with it when im off work...

Unread 04-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #7
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

I have the AFW frame for a CJ5. Very nice and everything fit.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #8
HackFabrication
1976 CJ5 

To be exact: AFW sold the frame manufacturing business to Jeremey (who worked at AFW). Jeremey opened up TDK and he's a good guy to deal with, having purchased a skid plate from him.

Matkins... Well, that's another story.
Unread 04-07-2008, 01:45 PM   #9
diamatron
1978 CJ7 

Seems to me that TDK should open an online store, or at least sell on the Bay. Many people would buy the frames if they were in stock somewhere, and not have to order it and wait.
diamatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2008, 02:42 PM   #10
spk454
1983 CJ8 

4wd.com sells TDK frames ad may stock them...
spk454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #11
1RadCJ5

I had my frame and crossmember made custom by Jeremy just before he bought Advanced Frame Works and changed to Throttle Down Kustoms.It's one heck of a frame, and everything lines right up.You never know what kind of shape a frame is inside.Once the mud is inside the boxed frame, it will be there forever.I understand not wanting to wait, but I had my frame made custom, and shipped in 3 weeks.That gave me the time I needed to begin dismantling my old setup and taking plenty of pics. Feel free to check out my frame when it was new by going to the link below.Good luck! Mike

http://groups.msn.com/MikesJeepProje...nw?albumlist=2
1RadCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.