Matkins Extreme Frames? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Matkins Extreme Frames?

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 05-23-2007, 10:55 AM   #1
doostdyk

Matkins Extreme Frames?

Anyone know if this company is still in existence? I have a 78 CJ7 Quadratrac that needs a new frame and was considering having one made by Matkins but I have not been able to contact anybody since last winter. Just wondering what others experiences have been.
Thanks, Dave

doostdyk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2007, 11:09 AM   #2
79cj7reny
1979 CJ7 

Yup, they're still around. matkinsextreme.com. (406)248-3797
79cj7reny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2007, 11:20 AM   #3
doostdyk

Thanks! i had not gotten a response from them but just called the phone number and spoke to the man and he will forward info to me. Anybody running on a Matkins frame having good or bad experiences? Thanks again.
doostdyk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2007, 04:33 PM   #4
69cj5

here is a couple pics of his cj5 one level III . beefy frame at just over 500lbs. He is tough to get ahold of or his phone is busy. Great guy very helpful and wiil be truthfull about delivery time.

Havent run it yet still building. But he warranties level III against everything.
69cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2007, 06:47 PM   #5
GPER
1979 CJ7 

I put a level III under my CJ-7 about 7 years ago there were a lot of drilling and dumb stuff I had to deal with. Customer service suck check out the other brands first.

Having it set up for YJ springs and shackle reverse is nice.
GPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2007, 10:27 PM   #6
John N
1981 CJ8 

No pesonal experience. I have heard it's a great product when you get it, but delivery time is poor or worse. Customer service has been poor for many after they placed their orders.
John N is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2007, 04:52 PM   #7
John S

Hi doostdyk. I have a '77 CJ7 Golden Eagle that had to have a frame replacement this year. I called Matkins because I think they have the best frames out there. He was very helpful and I told him I'd call back to order it when I was ready to start. When I tried to get back to him, it was a nightmare. I tried many times, left messages on his cell phone (he gave me the cell number 'cause his land line message bank was full), and emailed him time and time again. I never got a response back from him. Because my project was time sensitive I decided I had to go with a different provider.

Reluctantly, I went with TDK because I knew I would get it when I needed it. The cost for the TDK was appreciably less than the cost of the Matkins, so I assumed the TDK would be a cheap, less strong frame. I was very pleasantly surprised when I got my TDK frame. It was way better than I had hoped it could be. I am very happy with it. I replaced my entire suspension at the same time, so I had to order new front shock mounts. These came from TDK also and are fantastic. I can not reccomend TDK highly enough. This is all just my opinion, but I am one happy Jeeper !
John S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2007, 05:16 PM   #8
HackFabrication
1976 CJ5 

TDK.

I had a similar experience a year ago dealing with Matkins. I even gave him my CC#...Then he went in the wind.....
Unread 12-11-2007, 05:24 PM   #9
thediggler
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I had Matkins build me a level 3 Scrambler frame. Delivery was way overdue BUT when I finally got it the quality was great. Definitely heavy duty. I can't comment on the fit because I cut off all the body mounts and fabbed up my own to tie it into a custom roll cage.
thediggler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2007, 05:26 PM   #10
GPER
1979 CJ7 

I also had to reweld a shock mount also, on my Matkins III frame.
Unread 12-11-2007, 06:26 PM   #11
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Wish I had more room in my shop.. sounds like, if you could make a decent Jeep frame in a reasonable time, charge a fair price and answer some emails and phone calls.. you could make a living. Building a jig might be kind of a PITA but once you had it all down, I bet you could do a frame per day or so..

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2007, 07:27 PM   #12
GPER
1979 CJ7 

If I had to do it over I would have bought a good welder first and built my own frame.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.