Mastercraft "seat savers" worthwhile?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Mastercraft "seat savers" worthwhile??

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 03-04-2014, 04:41 PM   #1
cjjon7
Registered User
1983 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Posts: 1,370
Mastercraft "seat savers" worthwhile??

Just picked up a set of Mastercraft Rubicon buckets for my CJ build and was wondering if anyone has seen the seat savers that they make?

Are they of decent quality to demand 60$ each for them?

Can they be installed while driving without flying off?

Need to get something to protect these seats, just looking for my best option!

cjjon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 04:46 PM   #2
seabass1858
Web Wheeler
 
seabass1858's Avatar
1983 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: FT Benning, Georgia
Posts: 1,243
http://www.iggee.com/MScatview.aspx?catid=SLEATHER I think these are some of the best seat covers personally which is what i got in my liberty. They are also good if you have kids that like to spill stuff which is why i have moulded floor liners from husky too. Something to look at and consider when covering seats in my opinion.
seabass1858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 04:49 PM   #3
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler
 
Matt1981CJ7's Avatar
1981 CJ7 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elbert, CO
Posts: 10,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjjon7 View Post
Can they be installed while driving without flying off?
They would probably be easier to install while parked in the driveway.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 04:51 PM   #4
seabass1858
Web Wheeler
 
seabass1858's Avatar
1983 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: FT Benning, Georgia
Posts: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
They would probably be easier to install while parked in the driveway.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Matt
seabass1858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 04:55 PM   #5
cjjon7
Registered User
1983 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Posts: 1,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass1858 View Post
http://www.iggee.com/MScatview.aspx?catid=SLEATHER I think these are some of the best seat covers personally which is what i got in my liberty. They are also good if you have kids that like to spill stuff which is why i have moulded floor liners from husky too. Something to look at and consider when covering seats in my opinion.
Seabass those do look quality, however the covers I am looking for are simply for when the jeep is parked in the sun/rain etc and I dont want the seats to get damaged, or for when I have no passenger. Otherwise they will be stowed and the seats exposed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
They would probably be easier to install while parked in the driveway.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Matt

Funny guy! Allow me to clarify, is there a drawstring or anything holding them on in windy conditions
cjjon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 04:59 PM   #6
seabass1858
Web Wheeler
 
seabass1858's Avatar
1983 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: FT Benning, Georgia
Posts: 1,243
iggee ones will do you justice for what ever and effectively protect your seats if you dump a 5 gal bucket on them. PVC covers are just about as good as it gets i promise and it doesnt get as hot as leather in the summer time.
seabass1858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 06:11 PM   #7
streetpro
Junior Member
 
streetpro's Avatar
1978 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 61
If I was going the extra mile to have Mastercraft seats, you better believe I'd pay the money for the condoms too.

Wrap those rascals!
streetpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 08:51 PM   #8
lp967
Registered User
1981 CJ8 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 27
I have them for my Rubicon seats. I leave them on the seats when I trailer the Jeep and they stay on just fine at highway speeds even in windy conditions. They have an adjustable strap that goes around the back of the seat that you can cinch down. They're not cheap to buy but they are good quality. Just like the seats. I recommend them.
lp967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 12:10 AM   #9
cjjon7
Registered User
1983 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Posts: 1,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp967 View Post
I have them for my Rubicon seats. I leave them on the seats when I trailer the Jeep and they stay on just fine at highway speeds even in windy conditions. They have an adjustable strap that goes around the back of the seat that you can cinch down. They're not cheap to buy but they are good quality. Just like the seats. I recommend them.
Awesome, just what i was looking for, thanks!
cjjon7 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.