master cylinder gasket for 77 cj5??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > master cylinder gasket for 77 cj5???

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiJeep Gear & Install Packages!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-30-2014, 09:23 PM   #1
tomcat77
1977 CJ5 

master cylinder gasket for 77 cj5???

Pulled of the master cylinder cover the other day and it cracked the edge of the rubber gasket springing a leak when I drive it. Been to oriellys, autozone and advance with no luck finding the gasket. Quadratec doesn't even list it. Can this be purchased anywhere or do I have to buy a complete master cylinder to get it? Thanks

tomcat77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2014, 06:56 AM   #2
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

Time for a visit to the local auto wreckers. I would take the cover with me. I think it matches some GM ones, but could be mistaken. It was a while back when I had that problem.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2014, 09:30 AM   #3
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

If you're talking about the gasket for the cover, I've seen them in the "Help" section at my Autozone. "Help" is a name brand and the section has window cranks, door handles, small plastic parts that commonly break, doodads like that.

I'd bring the cover along and visually match the part.

Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
WindKnot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2014, 09:41 AM   #4
tomcat77
1977 CJ5 

Yes the rubber gasket. I have looked in help section at o riellys autozone and advance. May have to go to another town maybe they carry different stuff? ?
Unread 03-31-2014, 10:05 AM   #5
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat77 View Post
Yes the rubber gasket. I have looked in help section at o riellys autozone and advance. May have to go to another town maybe they carry different stuff? ?
If a local place carries the help brand, they should be able to order you one. Our local places will do that.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2014, 12:12 PM   #6
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

Actually, I just checked and I have a used spare you can have for the asking. It's for a cylinder for manual brakes, but I suspect it will fit a power brake M/C as well.

So many here have been very kind to me during my rebuild. If I can help someone else it would make ME feel good! PM me if you'd like it.

Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
Unread 03-31-2014, 01:12 PM   #7
tomcat77
1977 CJ5 

Pm sent
Unread 03-31-2014, 06:07 PM   #8
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

On its way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.