Which manifolds.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Which manifolds....

We still have some great deals going on!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 06-22-2002, 10:58 AM   #1
Bulletproofcj7

Which manifolds....

I need a set of exhaust manifolds for my 304, which ones are for the cj, I know they are different than the ones out of a cherokee, i believe the outlets are placed differently.
If anyone has a set that they would like to get rid of id like a set with out the emissions crap on them.
I have a fairly new set of Hedman HTC fenderwells with new dual tube glass packs that i'll sell/trade
I'm getting old! ther'e too loud!

1982 cj7. Frame off. shell valley kevlar body, stainless hinges, Bestop seats and supertop, KC titanium lights, Homemade swing out tire carrier with spare front wheel bearings/hub, Built 304,DUI,Edelbrock shorty headers with dual stainless 21/2 tubes into incynerator cans 21/4 dumped out the back,Edelbrock 600cfm, performer intake and cam, Borgeson lower column, Centerforce clutch, NV-4500, Dana 300 w/custom built twin stick, Homade 1/4" steel skid plate, 2.5 soft ride w/ 1" shackle lift, 33x12.5 mtr's. Stainless fuel and brake lines, Braided hoses. more...
Bulletproofcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2002, 06:25 PM   #2
Happypappy
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The exhaust manifold you are loking for on the driver side has to have the exhaust outlet toward the center of the manifold log (directly over the third cylinder). There is another with the outlet at the extreme rear that will interfere with the clutch linkage. Sorry, do not know which vehicle they came off of and just read a thread in another forum that covered that too....darn memory!
'06 Rubicon Unlimited
Happypappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2002, 04:30 PM   #3
LS1CJ5
1979 CJ5 

If you don't find any manifolds that will fit and you want something quieter check out the link below. They aren't glass packs they're baffles. I think something like 5 chambers. I've been running these for about 6 years. I have and old extra set, check shipping.
<a href="http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/ES/ESSP/USMM.html" target="_blank">http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/ES/ESSP/USMM.html</a>
Unread 06-26-2002, 03:24 PM   #4
Bulletproofcj7

thanks guys,
Ls1cj5, that link doesnt work
1982 cj7. Frame off. shell valley kevlar body, stainless hinges, Bestop seats and supertop, KC titanium lights, Homemade swing out tire carrier with spare front wheel bearings/hub, Built 304,DUI,Edelbrock shorty headers with dual stainless 21/2 tubes into incynerator cans 21/4 dumped out the back,Edelbrock 600cfm, performer intake and cam, Borgeson lower column, Centerforce clutch, NV-4500, Dana 300 w/custom built twin stick, Homade 1/4" steel skid plate, 2.5 soft ride w/ 1" shackle lift, 33x12.5 mtr's. Stainless fuel and brake lines, Braided hoses. more...
Bulletproofcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2002, 08:38 PM   #5
cjdriver

You should be able to use almost any manifolds from any AMC V8. I went through a lot of used ones when I worked in a shop and every one I saw were the same, no matter what they were off of. The above is right in that the drivers side exits toward the middle of the manifold and the passenger side exits toward the rear, but this is everyone that I say, I never saw a driver side that exited toward the rear.

There might be some odd vehicle out there that used this style, but I think you have a darn good chance of them being the right ones if you find any that are off of an AMC V8. Try calling Mepco 4x4 at 1-800-388-5337 and see what they have. That is where I used to work and we often had them come through. They are not available new anymore so you might have to pay for them. Unless you can find a private party that has some to get rid of.
Unread 06-27-2002, 10:19 AM   #6
LS1CJ5
1979 CJ5 

About that link, I'm getting the same thing. I just called and emailed Holley. They told me that they had a server go down and are currently rebuilding it. If the link doesn't come back I reached that url by going to Holley then Hooker then to specialty products, also the part # is 21037 and 38 for black.
I'm in the internet business and we run 8 duplicate servers in 2 locations with 2 different providers.
Larry M

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.