M.O.R.E. Bombproof motor mount - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > M.O.R.E. Bombproof motor mount

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-22-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
Roadymi
1982 CJ7 

M.O.R.E. Bombproof motor mount

I installed these for the 360 I am installing in my CJ7.
For anyone that has done this I have a question. Did you use all 6 factory mounting holes to the frame? I have my tub off and it seems awful far back. I'm afraid I'm going to be into my firewall. Also did you need any body lift to clear the tranny and TC? If so how much?

While we are in the vicinity, I have the rear dump exhaust manifolds. Is this going to be an issue for my clutch linkage? Seems like I've read some have had to go to center dumps from a 304.

Roadymi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 08:42 PM   #2
John N
1981 CJ8 

I used 5 bolts on each side. It cleared with out a body lift, but was close. I have since added a 1" Daystar body lift, but not because of the engine or trans clearance.

I think you will have to get a center dump manifold for the left side.
John N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 08:24 AM   #3
CSP

Never had any problems with mine being close to the tub. Make sure that you don't have the sides swapped. It's easy to do.

Look through the holes in the frame and you'll notice that not all of them have a tubular sleeve in them. Use the ones that are sleeved (there are four IIRC).
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 08:53 PM   #4
Roadymi
1982 CJ7 

According to how I read the directions, I mounted the one with the dogleg on the drivers side. Is this correct?
Roadymi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 11:52 PM   #5
CJ5Doc
1975 CJ5 

Yes dog leg on the driver side..... I used all 6 bolts on mine.... and no clearance problems

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...66/Amc4013.jpg
CJ5Doc is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.