Lots of things happenin with my cj-5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Lots of things happenin with my cj-5

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-19-2003, 12:58 AM   #1
scottahicks

Lots of things happenin with my cj-5

Just an update as to whats going on with my jeep.
Today I got my quadrajet carb, adaptor plate, and misc parts. after installing the adaptor plate to the manifold then the carb to the plate I had to go buy an aircleaner riser ring so that my air cleaner would clear the carb linkages and now with the adaptor plate which is 1 inch thick and a riser ring which is 1 inch thick I have 2 inches of extra air velocity which is cool and helps the hp and tq. I go it all in and after some adjustments its runnin like a top its set at fast idle to 1300 rpm and regular idle at 700rpm. it was really really bizare to hear the differance in the exhaust when I changed the carburetor the tone is completely different. I also changed out hoses and filters just to be on the safe side. I have my hedman fenderwel headers and copper gaskets on order from JEG'S and should be here this week by the way jegs has the hedman fenderwells for 119.99 I went with the copper gaskets because I dont want to deal with leaks anymore. I found a guy that had a power brake booster and bracket for 80.00 and it was shipped out monday. so hopefully with any luck by the end of this weekend I will have a new carb, new headers, and POWER BRAKES!!! we will se how it all goes. I will take photos when its all done.

1980 CJ5, 304 V8, flat top pistons, rv cam, quadra-jet carb, edelbrock intake, hooker headers, Purple Hornies 3" header glasspacks, Solid Driveshaft, t-176 manual 4speed, 3" body lift, 1foot extended front bumper for wrecker winch "no winch yet" 33X12.5X15 Wild Country XRT's on chrome wagon wheels, custom spray paint job, lots of rust, dents, oh and a driver that treats it like a jeep "screw the paint I can make it!" Daily Driven!!!!! Green Jeep Club member #37 Flamed Jeep Club member #1 and President
scottahicks is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.