lots of questions. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > lots of questions.

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 10-25-2003, 11:26 PM   #1
stuntman

lots of questions.

I have a 76 cj5 with the original dana 20 transfer case, the t-150 3 speed, and 232 i6. I bought the jeep with the intention of turning it into the biggest mud bogger i can. The problem is im not used to working with the short wheel base. I want to put a chevy 350 into it, the engine i have puts out about 380 hp and 435ft\tq. i also want to get 44s on it. can i put a 4.5" suspension lift on and a coil over conversion(i think its the rubicon express 4.5" lift). i can also get a pair of dana 60's front and back w\brakes for 1000.00 dollars, off a ford 1-ton. will those axles be to long. id like to use the dana 20 transfer case i heard the only bad thing about it is the crawl ratio( what can i do about that). But id like to leave the t-150 3speed in until i can get a better one. problem is i have no idea what to get the t-18 seems to be the only one i can fit in there. basically i need insight and direction on which way to go. im going to do it in parts to save money first the lift kit and tires then possibly axles. then beef up the whole drive train. whats the best way to go about this and what problems or obstacles will be in my way. thanks and when start this stuff the old engine and misc others will be for free for the taking. I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

stuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2003, 11:44 PM   #2
Later_THANKS

Simple !!

350 chevy

Dana 300

t18-a manual tran.

Axles: if to long have them re-sized.

Period you are done.
Rob99 Fan Club Member#00

Beware users with very thin skin:
------------------------------------------
gschretter
Later_THANKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2003, 03:45 PM   #3
kjc2260

My opinon: Find a GM SM 420, it has a granny gear and it might bolt up to your 350, it's small in length but very strong. Also, Tera-low makes a kit for the Dana 20 ( 4 to 1 ) You will need an adapter for the t/case. As for the axles, like the other post said, you will have to narrow them. Good luck.
kjc2260 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.