Losing brakes when Jeep's turned on - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Losing brakes when Jeep's turned on

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 06-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
Mp5ben
2001 WJ 

Losing brakes when Jeep's turned on

I was checking the Master Cylinder to see if it had enough fluid today, it did, so I popped the cover back on and started the jeep and the pedal immediately went straight to the floor with no resistance. Every time I turned it off, the pedal would return to normal. I tried this about 4 times and with the same results each time. I bled the brakes about a month or two ago and they were fine.
Any idea what happened?

Mp5ben is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
benullman
1981 CJ7 

do you have a vacuum booster (im guessing yes)

you havent got all of the air out of the lines, or you need to adjust the linkage. But I would get a friend and re bleed them because it may have a small leak and air gotten in

Ben

Tags
brakes , cj7

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.