Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Looking for an original radio for my cj7 -- any out there?

3K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  hutch1200 
#1 ·
I'm trying to find an original (working) AM/FM radio for my 78 cj7. I'm not finding any on line right now or posted here for sale.

If you have one in your garage and you are interested in selling it, please let me know. Thx.

Marty

#22 ·
$80 for an OEM AM/FM radio is cheap if it works. I got $240 for mine on ebay, and that was about 6-8 years ago.

#24 ·
cjjon7 said:
John id be interested in seeing some pictures of that since he swiped my find out from under me...lol i need one for my 83
Hey Ccjon - a friend convinced me to go in another direction with a radio. So I still have the one that you may have wanted. I haven't done anything with it except take it out of the shipping box and put it on a table. The PO promises that it works perfectly.

If you want it, I'll pass it along for the $91 I have in it and whatever shipping costs. Let me know. Thx.

Marty

#28 ·
I was gonna put an AM in mine as a "dummy". Real radio is in a tuffy box.What I ended up doing was cutting off the whole front of a Ford AM, & I gutted it. I then used magnetic tape all around the face plate. Now I can pop the knobs in a second, peel the faceplate off, and I have enough room for, sake of arguement..a .380 PPK! Not that I do, but I could ;).
I never listen to a radio anyway. Like I told my uncle a decade ago when he bought a last year MGB, "What kind of stereo should I put in. My reply was NONE! "Listen for squeaks, rattles, thumps etc..."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.