Looking for a glove box latch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Looking for a glove box latch

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 03-16-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
tony dz
1979 CJ7 

Looking for a glove box latch

Hey all.. anybody has a spare glove box latch for a stock glove box? I just need the little metal part that goes in the box and the door latches too. I can't find them to buy so I was going to try to fab somthing, but figured someone here must have one laying around..

Thanks!

Unread 03-16-2008, 07:28 PM   #2
CJ Chet
1986 CJ7 

Here ya go!

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=8479

'86 CJ7, 265 CI, DUI, TF999, Borla, Weber, 4" BDS Lift.
'04 AEV RUBICON.
'00 TJ Sahara.
CJ Chet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2008, 08:16 PM   #3
jscherb
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I've got a restored glovebox door complete with the pushbutton and the latch part that attaches to the dash I'm planning to put on eBay soon. You might not need the door but it is refinished in black/gray Hammerite paint and would probably go well with almost any color dash. You could remove the pushbutton and use it on your door or use this door as is. $20 plus shipping (that's cheaper than a new latch :-).

PM me if interested.
jeff

jscherb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2008, 08:53 PM   #4
tony dz
1979 CJ7 

Thanks, but I'm only looking for the little metal clip... actually the one in the pic you sent looks different than what I thought it was supposed to look like. Actually looks easier to fab than what I was thinking.
Unread 03-16-2008, 09:20 PM   #5
limegreenCJ7
1984 CJ7 

haha the little metal thing
paper clip fabrication
limegreenCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2008, 11:38 PM   #6
only in a jeep cj
1986 CJ7 

there are two types, the one above, for non locking doors, and the bent wire kind for the locking type. Not interchangable that I know of.

1975 CJ-6 304 T15 Dana20 30/44 3.73
1983 CJ-8 258 T5 300 30/44 3.31 Looking for full or half hardtop buy or trade
1986 CJ-7 Laredo 4.6 stroker T5 300 30/44 3.31
1986 TJ-7 Trail Jeep project in the works
2003 Inca Gold TJ Rubicon
only in a jeep cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2008, 11:51 PM   #7
bluwtrsurfr

Jeff, your glovebox door looks exactly like mine...same color I ended up doing my entire dash. I think it makes a great accent to the jeep....

81 Jeep CJ5 4" lift, 33" Mickey Thompson Baja Claw tires.
bluwtrsurfr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2008, 04:27 AM   #8
jscherb
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony dz View Post
Thanks, but I'm only looking for the little metal clip... actually the one in the pic you sent looks different than what I thought it was supposed to look like. Actually looks easier to fab than what I was thinking.
OK, must be the locking type latch you're looking for. That one is made of bent rod instead of sheet metal.

That's why I don't need this one any more, I replaced it with the locking type, which is a different door, knob and latch.

If anyone else wants this one, PM me...
Jeff
jscherb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:55 PM   #9
tony dz
1979 CJ7 

I thought I needed the bent rod type, but it's not a locking door so I guess I only need the sheet metal type instead. Wasn't sure how to fab the bent rod, but the sheet metal looks much easier. Jeff, since you already have one, I'm sending you a PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.