Looking for crank drive mechanism for Koenig R100 winch or photos so I can make one - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Looking for crank drive mechanism for Koenig R100 winch or photos so I can make one

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-05-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
runsvold
1964 CJ5 

Looking for crank drive mechanism for Koenig R100 winch or photos so I can make one

I have a Koenig R100 crank drive winch on a 1964 CJ5 and the drive mechanism that engages the engine crankshaft to the winch is missing. I want to find another or build a new one. Original was never a very good setup and caused lots of vibration due to misalignment of the engage mechanism and the crankshaft pulley. If anyone has photos of the original design or if anyone has made an improved design I would appreciate any info you can share. Thank you!

runsvold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2014, 11:31 AM   #2
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

Interesting, all the Koenig winches that I have seen are driven by a t case mounted PTO. I'm curious how far the winch has to be offset to get the drive shaft to align with the engine crank.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 10:32 AM   #3
runsvold
1964 CJ5 

There is a short drive chain to transfer power from the crankshaft engagement shaft to the winch so the winch still sits centered on the bumper. No offset is required. As I recall there was a flange that rides on a keyed shaft and slides into the crankshaft flange to engage the power. The shaft is supported on one end in a bearing that is free to swivel slightly to allow for any misalignment.
Unread 01-06-2014, 06:27 PM   #4
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by runsvold View Post
There is a short drive chain to transfer power from the crankshaft engagement shaft to the winch so the winch still sits centered on the bumper. No offset is required. As I recall there was a flange that rides on a keyed shaft and slides into the crankshaft flange to engage the power. The shaft is supported on one end in a bearing that is free to swivel slightly to allow for any misalignment.

Interesting.
Might try some of the other websites such as ecj5.com or the 2a site. If nothing else, you can go the more conventional route.....

jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2014, 10:58 AM   #5
runsvold
1964 CJ5 

That might be where I end up. I found a PTO and driveshaft that would fit my transfer case.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.