Looking at a CJ6 Universal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Looking at a CJ6 Universal

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-27-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
7179CJ5
1979 CJ5 

Looking at a CJ6 Universal

Hello group,
I'm looking a purchasing a CJ6 Universal, it will of course require some, who am I kidding, a lot of work. Has anybody out there have pictures of any? Or any experience with them?
Thank you

7179CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
CSP

I have one, a '63 of which only the tub is a '63. The frame was originally under a '73 Commando and the fenders/hood are the longer '72 and up CJ parts to give me room for a V8.

This blog is the build of a CJ6 with links to lots of pictures. Google images is also a good source. This site is giving people problems right now posting pictures, so I'm not even going to try. Try the link and Google for lots of hits.

http://boyink.com/cj6/
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 11:36 PM   #3
BlueCJ6

I just purchased a 1966 CJ6. Haven't picked it up yet, but looking forward to starting to work on it. They're super cool in my opinion, and truthfully seem pretty rare. I have a Dauntless engine to put in it, and plan on putting some Holbrook Springs on it with 33's.
BlueCJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 12:22 AM   #4
aallison28

Building one now, CJ6 tub on a CJ8 frame (same wheelbase as intermediate CJ6), warmed up AMC 401, T18, D20 Jeep truck axles with 4.56, locked and 39's are a bit larger.

What would you like to know?

aallison28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 12:35 AM   #5
obarrett
1973 CJ6 

'73 here...

obarrett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #6
7179CJ5
1979 CJ5 

Wow thanks for all the response, hoping to get some good advice or information. So the one looking at is a '67, with the Dauntless V6, and all original t case, transmission ect. If purchase my plans were simple. Just making a nice weekend ride out of it. Basically restoring it to a condition that I can be proud of as well as making it rode worthy, SAFE! It doesn't have any power steering which to me is not a problem since I had driven a UPS delivery truck for years with our power steering, however this one seemed alittle scary when I put it on the road. Could it be converted to power steering?
Unread 06-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #7
7179CJ5
1979 CJ5 

Do any of you guys use you CJ6 as a daily driver?
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #8
CJDawg
1975 CJ6 

I drive my CJ6 on a regular basis when weather is nice and my MGB is blocked in by another car.
dsc_0745.jpg  
CJDawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #9
VooDoo2
1978 CJ7 

Here are mine

1967 CJ6 Combat 6 made in Rocklea, QLD. AU.

1974 CJ6 on 35's

VooDoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.