Looking to buy a CJ7 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Looking to buy a CJ7

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #16
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

Thanks for posting the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_Wanted View Post
Body mount bushings were busted on all three jeeps.. Is this pretty common on the older jeeps?
Yes. They were originally rubber which is tough and provides a good cushion, but doesn't last forever. It is prone to cracking, splitting, and getting brittle. The body mount bushings are just any other rubber bushing in that they wear out. Just like with any 25 or 30 year old vehicle, those parts were not intended to last that long.

I think you made the right choice in deciding to look at other Jeeps before buying. The more you look at in person and online, the more you learn before you fork over the big money. There's always a risk with any vehicle, but if you learn more you'll have a better understanding of what problems you do buy into when you get a CJ.

Unread 04-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #17
glasybarel
1982 CJ7 

Considering CJ7 purchase - what do you think?

Hi all,

This thread has been very helpful. Following some of the recommendations I read here, I wanted to ask your opinion of this Jeep CJ7 I am seriously considering to buy as my first CJ.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982-...db8fc9b1#v4-38

Since several forum members suggested getting shots of typical problem areas, I requested them from the seller and put them on a Photobucket site here: http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/gl.../CJ%20purchase

What do you all think?

Thanks!
glasybarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #18
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasybarel View Post
Hi all,

This thread has been very helpful. Following some of the recommendations I read here, I wanted to ask your opinion of this Jeep CJ7 I am seriously considering to buy as my first CJ.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982-...db8fc9b1#v4-38

What do you all think?

Thanks!
I would be worried about the title, unless the current state of the title not matching the VIN is something that the state of Colorado does/accepts.
Unread 04-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #19
glasybarel
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken4444 View Post
I would be worried about the title, unless the current state of the title not matching the VIN is something that the state of Colorado does/accepts.
Thanks! That worried me, until I spoke to Colorado DMV which gave it the clean bill of health. When I described it, their response was, "oh yeah, that occurs when people swap engines and things, or if a VIN tag is illegible. Happens all the time."

Any other concerns you see? I'm meeting the seller in person tomorrow afternoon.
glasybarel is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.