Looking for anti-squeek strips and tips for Leaf Springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Looking for anti-squeek strips and tips for Leaf Springs

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-17-2014, 01:27 AM   #1
SouthernGypsy
1983 CJ7 

Looking for anti-squeek strips and tips for Leaf Springs

On one of the leaf springs on my '83 CJ7 Limited I need to replace all the black strips of plastic (or rubber or nylon, whatever they are made of) that goes between each layer of the leaf springs and the pads that snap into the oval shaped holes at the end of each spring. All my other three springs have complete sets but the drivers side rear spring is missing all those place strips and end pads.

Does anyone either know of a source selling replacement kits or would anyone happen to have a set out of an old broken or damaged spring they are no longer using?

SouthernGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2014, 09:25 AM   #2
UBERK
1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGypsy
On one of the leaf springs on my '83 CJ7 Limited I need to replace all the black strips of plastic (or rubber or nylon, whatever they are made of) that goes between each layer of the leaf springs and the pads that snap into the oval shaped holes at the end of each spring. All my other three springs have complete sets but the drivers side rear spring is missing all those place strips and end pads. Does anyone either know of a source selling replacement kits or would anyone happen to have a set out of an old broken or damaged spring they are no longer using?
I know when I rebuilt the springs on my K5 they were a PITA to source. They are available online, but IIRC, they were like $5-7ea. I found them (snap in type) at a local shop: Valley Spring in Phoenix for cheap. They may ship?

There are also several DIY articles/threads on other forums I came across by doing a google search.
UBERK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
80cj
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

You might try these people. I had a printed catalog from them a while back and they had what you're looking for.
http://www.springsnthings.com/catalog.htm
80cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2014, 10:04 PM   #4
rixcj
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

The Eaton Spring Co. sells the Teflon leaf spring liner material that I used here...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/yj.../#post15131504

Rich

There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
rixcj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.