Looking 4 My Old Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Looking 4 My Old Jeep

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 01-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Looking 4 My Old Jeep

So, my wife was going through some old paperwork and she found a copy of my title for my 1997 TJ. Is there a website I can go to so I can research where it might be? Not that I want it back, just curious I guess.

PROJECT 23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

wouldnt that be consider stalking
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
hutch1200
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ7 

Be careful. Remember that guy that found his totaled CJ7 at Collins Bros? It was his dads originally. Happy memories, then a huge letdown. Just my 2 cents. Good Luck whatever you decide.
Unread 01-30-2013, 02:23 AM   #4
82JeepCJ7
1982 CJ7 

Start with the local DMV office.

Wheel, Wrench, Repeat.
82JeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 07:03 AM   #5
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

I understand what you guys are saying about being let down, but I do not want it back. I'm just curious what happened to it after I sold it to a high school kid from Michigan (I can probably guess what happened to it). Sure it broke my heart the day I sold it, but I'm onto bigger and better things with Project 23.
I found a picture of the TJ right when the Jeep Bug was just latching onto me. There were many mods after this picture to include a 3 inch RE lift, 33'' BFG Mud Terrain tires, rocker guards, Borla cat back, etc. I also had a soft top, OEM hard top and bikini top for it. I also stripped down the interior of a Sahara model and put the seats and carpet in my rig.
Anyways, the day after I sold it, I was rolling in a brand spankin' new Honda Civic. How could life get any better than that
scan0002.jpg  
Unread 01-30-2013, 08:08 AM   #6
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Nice Sahara..maybe its in the TJ section now.
CJ7ROB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #7
waterdowg
1984 CJ7 

Car Fax would give you some what of a history. But not who owns be but, it should tell you if its around or not. Maybe you can find someone with an account so you donlt have to buy one just to see.
waterdowg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 08:36 AM   #8
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ROB View Post
Nice Sahara..maybe its in the TJ section now.
Actually its a Sport which was decked out with Sahara interior. The badge on the sides are Renegade decals. Ha ha, tricked ya
Unread 01-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #9
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

While I understand your honest intentions and just plain old curiosity, If I was the current owner I'm not entirely sure I'd welcome what could be seen as "snooping". It's one thing to drive down the road and spot it, but records searching, and that kind of stuff, I'm not so sure.I know I treasure my privacy.

It's gone. You sold any and all interests in it years ago. Let it go. Chances are the Jeep is in better shape in your memories anyway.

Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
WindKnot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 08:55 AM   #10
CSP

I'm pretty sure that unless you have a legal reason to look for the owner, current privacy laws would prevent the DMV from releasing any information to you.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #11
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

I guess you guys are right. I have my memories, pictures, etc to remember her by. I will drop my search......
Unread 01-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #12
waterdowg
1984 CJ7 

I say if you get the chance to do a free Carfax search do it. It will tell you if the Jeep is still around or junked. It will not tell you any personal information. But will ease your curiosity a little.
Unread 01-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #13
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

How will car fax tell you if it still around. My jeep has never been to the dealer or a repair station since new
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #14
waterdowg
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
How will car fax tell you if it still around. My jeep has never been to the dealer or a repair station since new
Car fax will tell you how many times it has been owned, registerd. If sold at a dealer, in an acceident or totaled.
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #15
CSP

Carfax tells more than just dealer visits and repairs. Every time you register a vehicle or renew a registration it shows up. If emissions testing is in an area where the vehicle is, those tests also show up.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.