Looking at a 1975 CJ5 Help - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Looking at a 1975 CJ5 Help

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 12-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #16
pmoss58
2008 JK Wrangler 

thanks for all the help. it was going to take a little me work then i wanted to put into it for the price they were asking for.

pmoss58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2010, 09:40 AM   #17
Gunga
1978 CJ7 

Personally I'd look for a CJ-7.
Unread 12-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #18
white_2003
1971 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
Check and see if it has power steering or not. Also it probably has drum brakes all around. Not as much fun to drive without those 2 features.
I actually enjoy having manual steering and brakes both work as if new and nobody ever wants to drive it.
white_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2010, 06:39 PM   #19
zillla
1975 CJ5 

I have a 75 CJ5.. Paid $5000 for mine. BUT, mine had 13,500 original miles on it and was in pristine condition.. Mine has power brakes and steering.. Things to look for. Check the frame in the front behind the tires, etc. Look for cracks close to where the brake line comes through the frame... Also on the front inside of the frame.. These old Jeeps were famous for frame cracking.. I had to fishplate and weld my frame last summer [20,000 miles].. The 75 was the best year of all the intermediate Jeeps.. Dana 30 front, Dana 44 rear.. The stock 3-speed sux as it is not geared low enough, but you can swap in a granny low 4speed w/o too much trauma.. The Jeep shown in the photos appears to be a Levi's edition as the seats look correct. Musta been repainted somewhere along the line..
zillla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2010, 06:42 PM   #20
turnabout
1974 CJ5 

Not too bad for a 75. I like the uniqueness of an intermediate Jeep. But remember, although many parts can be found, other parts often require custom fabrication for the body and interior. I think I have the most respect for the guys that can not only keep this era jeep on the road but actually restore them to like new condition. I also appreciate their sharing of information to keep mine on the road for the weekends.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.