Looking at a 1948 CJ2 for Resto - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Looking at a 1948 CJ2 for Resto

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 05-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
James02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Looking at a 1948 CJ2 for Resto

Hello CJ JF!

I have always wanted to restore a vehicle. My dad did a 52 Chevy deluxe, and I always expected breathing life into a scrap heap is one of the most rewarding experiences one could have.

I came across a 1948 CJ-2 lot up north. I am extremely interested. The owner says that one is almost complete, but needs an alternator set up. I would like to "restore" this vehicle to near original or show condition, not particularly off-roading (heresy, I know).

I am living in central Texas, about to move to central Missouri, both due to military.

I am extremely eager, but have some questions. I have started doing some research on my own, but I will be leaving in just over a month, so I am on a bit of a time crunch.

1. How much should one realistically expect to pay for a jeep in this kind of condition?
2. I would have to move this unit about 13 hours to MO when I relocate. Where can I learn about safe-hauling procedures?

That's all I can think of for now. Most military bases have machine shops you can rent for pretty cheap, so I figure now is not a terrible time to start such a project.

Rest of album:
http://s907.photobucket.com/user/txc...tml?sort=3&o=3

Thanks!

James02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

flat fenders are hard to price because everybody wants one, i have seen rusted out chit sell for $3500. so around here that one if it will crank, $5000 easy. now i would never pay that much but there always someone who will. you get it under $2000, dont haggle just pay the man and grab it quick
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.