Looking at a 1948 CJ2 for Resto - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Looking at a 1948 CJ2 for Resto

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 05-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
James02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Looking at a 1948 CJ2 for Resto

Hello CJ JF!

I have always wanted to restore a vehicle. My dad did a 52 Chevy deluxe, and I always expected breathing life into a scrap heap is one of the most rewarding experiences one could have.

I came across a 1948 CJ-2 lot up north. I am extremely interested. The owner says that one is almost complete, but needs an alternator set up. I would like to "restore" this vehicle to near original or show condition, not particularly off-roading (heresy, I know).

I am living in central Texas, about to move to central Missouri, both due to military.

I am extremely eager, but have some questions. I have started doing some research on my own, but I will be leaving in just over a month, so I am on a bit of a time crunch.

1. How much should one realistically expect to pay for a jeep in this kind of condition?
2. I would have to move this unit about 13 hours to MO when I relocate. Where can I learn about safe-hauling procedures?

That's all I can think of for now. Most military bases have machine shops you can rent for pretty cheap, so I figure now is not a terrible time to start such a project.

Rest of album:
http://s907.photobucket.com/user/txc...tml?sort=3&o=3

Thanks!

James02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

flat fenders are hard to price because everybody wants one, i have seen rusted out chit sell for $3500. so around here that one if it will crank, $5000 easy. now i would never pay that much but there always someone who will. you get it under $2000, dont haggle just pay the man and grab it quick
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.