Long wheel base models - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Long wheel base models

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 06-15-2013, 02:31 AM   #1
maswov

Long wheel base models

I bought a jeep a few months ago in Thailand and I am trying to figure out what I have. It is registered as a 64 Willys but it does not look like a 64. There were some US military bases here so I figured that it was left behind and was first registered by a local Thai in 1964.
The front end and interior appear to be 50-52 M38 and the data plate confirms this being manufactured in January 1952 you can zoom in and see it clearly.
Looking from the doors back it can be seen that this has a long wheel base. The only (older) long wheelbase I could find was the M170 starting in 1953. The data plate is hard to read but I am sure it says 80 for the length of the wheelbase so I was thinking this is probably 2 separate jeeps put together. The M170 has a lip where the doors would sit when closed but mine does not have this lip. Also it looks like the interior would be part of the body and not the front end.
Another thing is at about the middle of the doors the the body angles inwards as does the M38 but unlike the M170. I thought maybe the body itself is indeed a 52 M38 but put on the frame of an M170 or anything else for that matter with a longer wheelbase and that it was stretched but I don't see any welds where a section would have been added.
Were there any other long wheelbase models this could be? Here are a few pics if any one has any ideas. Thanks!

img_1781.jpg   img_1782.jpg   img_1783.jpg   008.jpg   006.jpg  

009.jpg   002.jpg   003.jpg  
maswov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 04:14 AM   #2
LeePrather
1978 CJ5 

It's a Honda...(lol)

Very interesting vehicle...
LeePrather is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 04:32 AM   #3
maswov

555 yes, A Honda with a Nissan diesel, and toyota power steering and power brakes. I just need to figure out where the axles came from so I can put some lower gears.
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #4
weehce
1983 CJ7 

Maybe from India??? Mahindria (spelling?) maybe??? Anyone??
Unread 06-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #5
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

If you can get pictures of the differential covers, steering knuckles etc. maybe someone can help with id'ing the axles.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
maswov

I don't think it was built in India, the dash was cut with a torch to convert it to RHD. The original steering column access is covered by a piece of sheet metal with the data plates on it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.