Lokka differentials? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Lokka differentials?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
jpbyrne

Lokka differentials?

Does anyone have any experience using Lokka differentials? Are they a worthwhile product? How did installation go?

jpbyrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #2
tators
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Installe one last night for a friend... Install went perfect...

Didn't make it out of the drive-way - 2 of the 4 pins sheared....

Friend contacted LOKKA today - they were REALY CRAPPY about warranty / refund / shipping a new one... Wanted him to send all parts back - THEN they would evaluate .. THEN determine if they would warranty - THEN he could wait on return shipping...

I could understand if this was a super high dollar assembly......

There is a guy selling new Lock-rites on ebay $240 shipped ... I would recommend staying away from LOKKA based on this experience...
tators is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

I did a Google search on them one day, as I had never heard of them til someone on a local forum mentioned them. It says on their site that they made the for other labels, including Aussie...

Look at the last Question (Q22) on the FAQ page:
http://lokka.com/site/faq

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #4
jdarg
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tators View Post
Installe one last night for a friend... Install went perfect...

Didn't make it out of the drive-way - 2 of the 4 pins sheared....

Friend contacted LOKKA today - they were REALY CRAPPY about warranty / refund / shipping a new one... Wanted him to send all parts back - THEN they would evaluate .. THEN determine if they would warranty - THEN he could wait on return shipping...

I could understand if this was a super high dollar assembly......

There is a guy selling new Lock-rites on ebay $240 shipped ... I would recommend staying away from LOKKA based on this experience...
Your expectations are unreasonable. I don't know of any manufacturer that will send you a "hot spare" locker assembly. Auburn/Detroit sure won't, and those are the most super high dollar manual lockers out there AFAIK.

No offense intended, but if you weren't $%^ around and literally broke it slowly backing out the driveway, it sounds like an installation issue.
jdarg is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.