Lokar Kickdown Adjustment ?s - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Lokar Kickdown Adjustment ?s

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 09-27-2008, 09:00 AM   #1
chadcarter
1983 CJ7 

Lokar Kickdown Adjustment ?s

Hey guys, I just installed the Lokar kickdown cable on my project (360/999) and was wondering about the adjustment. Did anybody need to do any adjustment to the length of the cable to work properly? I read the directions and it seemed almost necessary to adjust the length, but after I got the cable hooked up last night, it seemed that I have full range of motion throughout the throttle.

There does seem to be a "empty" area at the top of the kickdown range on the transmission side. The linkage moves freely through the cylce, but at the top of the swing it seems that there is no resistance from the transmission. Does this part of the motion have to be within the range of the throttle? The cable/throttle linkage contains all of the range of the kickdown that has resistance on it.

I hope this all makes sense. Do I need to make more adjustments, or wait till I have it on the road to make final adjustments? Thanks!

chadcarter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2008, 12:33 PM   #2
mike06X

what kind of carb?

see my thread here http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cant-get-kickdown-linkage-727-set-right-605641/

i needed a sonnax performance part AS2-02K which for for holley carburetor; there is also one for edelbrock; linkages; it changed the throw of the arm on the carburetor to match the transmission and gets rid of the dead spot and the cable running out of motion and holding the carb back.

http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/...-000as202k.htm
Unread 09-27-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
chadcarter
1983 CJ7 

I have a Holley 670 TA ontop of an Edlebrock intake. The dead spot is not in the cable, its in the transmission. It doesn't seem that anything is wrong with the tranny, just a range of motion before the kickdown. I have all of the brackets needed for the carb/kickdown. And it seems that everything is working correctly. I was just wondering if anyone running these cable kickdowns had to cut to length / adjust the cable at all, because I think everything is working right out of the box. It came with a whole list of instructions for adjustments that I have not made yet.
Unread 09-29-2008, 07:01 AM   #4
dwloop
1976 CJ5 

I installed one on my CJ7 yesterday, it worked right out of the box on the Holley TA. No adjustment at all...

Did the 401 swap and finished the break in arond 2:30pm, while it was cooling a little I hooked up the Lokar throttle and trans cable and had it on the road by 4:00pm!! Very impressed...

HTH Dave
dwloop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2008, 07:54 AM   #5
chadcarter
1983 CJ7 

Yeah that Lokar cable is pretty sweet. Install was much easier than expected. All of 3 or 4 minutes. Pretty nifty setup. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.