Locking the front or the rear on cj7? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Locking the front or the rear on cj7?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-15-2003, 10:33 AM   #1
the80'sjeep

Locking the front or the rear on cj7?

I was just kicking around the idea of lockers and was wondering what the general consensus is if you can only lock the front or the rear. At first I thought the rear but then I was thinkin that my front tires really arent always on the ground together while wheelin'...... any ideas?
-80's Jeep

Unread 06-15-2003, 12:27 PM   #2
SamFromCO

This is always a good subject for a debate. I'm on the lock the rear axle first side. My reasons are that the rear axle is usually stronger than the front and when you are climbing the weight is usually shifted to the rear tires.
Unread 06-15-2003, 01:29 PM   #3
Curly

I am running a Lock rite in the front Dana 30 and have the trak lok LSD in the rear. My jeep is a daily driver so I wanted to keep it very streetable. The difference after locking up the front end was amazing but then again I wheeled this thing open front and rear for years. I also did some research before doing this and was a little concerned about any steering issues with locking up the front but to be honest you can hardly tell the thing is in there unless you get real bound up in the rocks at full lock. I just go easy on the skinny pedal when in this situation and haven't had any problems so far.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2003, 06:11 PM   #4
MR.CJ-7

locked in the front only
Unread 06-16-2003, 11:19 PM   #5
eight

Best is the rear. As stated earlier, when climbing, most of the weight is transfered back there anyway. I'd just weld the back and lock the front. (Well not really, I'd weld both of em.)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.