Locker Kits - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Locker Kits

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-19-2002, 09:28 PM   #1
Jwhit

Locker Kits

I am thinking of upgrading my axles with lockers. I run 33s on a modified suspension. The axles are stock unforunately. The front axle has warn hubs and I was thinking a detroit soflocker would do the trick. I want to keep the rear axle free for road use and not so much noise on the road. I thought of gettting an air loacker system. (ARB?) Will the full time detroit lockers in the front mix with the air lockers? Is it a good idea to change gear ratios seeing as I used to have 30 inch tires on there and now I have 33's?

'85 CJ7 Rebuilt 258/T5/Dana 300 Mopar MPI fuel Injuection kit - 35" Pro Comp X-Terrains,one piece rear axle, 4.56 gears, Tracloc rear, Detroit Nospin front, 2" Full-Traction Shackle Reversal, 1" body lift, 2.5" Sky Jacker lift

'05 Jeep "Willys" ~stock... daily driver
Jwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2002, 11:06 AM   #2
80cj
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Jwhit--
I guess your idea should work. Don't know what kind of four wheeling you do but a very effective limited slip for your front (which I assume is a Dana 30) would be a Dana/Spicer Powr Lok or a Tru Trac. The Powr Lok has 4 spider gears and would do much to beef up your front diff while still being reasonable smooth. Unless you do extreme rock crawling where your front wheels get off the ground, a good limited slip should serve you well. Don't know what your existing gear ratio is but lots of people who run 33's find 4.10 a good ratio to run. Wish I could afford an ARB air locker for my rear.
80cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2002, 11:20 AM   #3
jeeperzcreeperz

Jwhit

Im just curious what year jeep you have with your 33's and how is the over all gearing with 33's and stock gears? how is it for freeway crusing, and how about for off roading? Thanks.

Metalic blue, Dana 44 Dana 30, 33 12.5 15 on 589's. Ford T18 4 speed, Dana 20 case. Upgraded to AMC 258 with Howell fuel injection, 4 ponit cage.
jeeperzcreeperz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.