locked and loaded - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > locked and loaded

Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-04-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
00bluedak
1985 CJ7 

locked and loaded

well with over 200k miles on my '85 CJ 7, its about time that i rebuilt my axles... my front has never been touched internally, but i have replaced outer seals, bearings and steering components. my rear has been upgraded to 1 piece alloy shafts and brake shoes replaced once. other than that, they have never been untouched for the last 9 years that i have owned the jeep. i have a ton of play in the rear (but no gear noises), no rear brakes (i can put the parking brake to the floor and drive 70 on the highway) and open diffs front and back with 3.54 gears.

well the wifey of 2 weeks now finally started her new job when we got back from our honeymoon. we had aggreed a while back that when she got a job, then i could take out a loan to work on my jeep and build my credit since my bike is now payed off. im headed to the credit union at work today to take out a loan to regear, lock and repair the brakes on the ol jeep.

im going to be getting everything that i need to rebuild my rear brakes, 4:10 gears front and rear, and a lock-rite or aussie up front and a auburn ECTED for the rear!! oh and this weekend i will be finally installing my flat fenders that i have had since before christmas!!

i do use my jeep for a daily driver sometimes, so i want the selectable locker in the rear. i wont have the coin for an ARB or OX though

any thoughts or comments??

00bluedak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 06:10 AM   #2
Truck633
GO ONE MORE!!

Cool! Post pics as you go!

Up here - we go by results, when you preached, people slept. When he flew, people prayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
It's like dads new mistress. You hate her until you see her boobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I bet the new bike riding monkey will pedal a lot faster!
Truck633 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
neals80
1980 CJ7 

keep the wife...she lets you spend money on the jeep...good luck send pics

IF I WANTED A HUMMER I WOULD HAVE CALLED YOUR GIRLFRIEND!!
neals80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
78treehugger
1980 CJ7 

Give some feedback on the ECTED. I've been looking at selectables for my next axle build.

It's easier to get forgiveness than permision.
Salad is what food eats!!!
http://emptypocketsoffroad.org/
78treehugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 11:06 AM   #5
00bluedak
1985 CJ7 

well its all here!!! ups made a big delivery last week and i am ready to get started!!

00bluedak is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.