Locations of VIN #'s on Jeep CJ7? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Locations of VIN #'s on Jeep CJ7?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-10-2004, 11:25 PM   #1
Boulder4x4

Locations of VIN #'s on Jeep CJ7?

Where are the different VIN # locations on a Jeep CJ 7 as well on the Frame?I am trying to find it, so I can get a vin plate for my title. Anybody know?
Please help me

Boulder4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2004, 04:41 AM   #2
THl

Thereare 3 VIN plate locations: 1.above the windshield wiper motor, 2. on the fire wall under the hood near the steering column and 3. on the inside rocker panel on the drivers side. The frame number is on the right side where the frame bumps up for the rear axle. It is on the top of the rail and it does not match the vin # At least thats the way the numbers are on my 81 and 84 CJ-7's
THl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2004, 09:56 AM   #3
Hillbillyd
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by THl
Thereare 3 VIN plate locations: 1.above the windshield wiper motor, 2. on the fire wall under the hood near the steering column and 3. on the inside rocker panel on the drivers side. The frame number is on the right side where the frame bumps up for the rear axle. It is on the top of the rail and it does not match the vin # At least thats the way the numbers are on my 81 and 84 CJ-7's

The entire VIN is not on the frame, but the numbers that are on there should match the last 6 digits or so on your title. My Jeep was missing a VIN plate on the firewall, and the one above the wiper motor. I did a check with my local state police and found that my jeep was stolen in 1988 (which is why they are missing). So then, I checked the numbers on the frame and they match the last 6 digits of my title.
Hillbillyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.