Lo mileage "70" CJ5 - Pitfalls?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Lo mileage "70" CJ5 - Pitfalls??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-26-2003, 10:25 AM   #1
scupper

Lo mileage "70" CJ5 - Pitfalls??

Came across a low mileage (less than 30k miles) 1970 CJ5 - other than headers, appears to be stock and all original. Been driven very little in recent years. Original body/paint outstanding. 6 cyl, 3 sp/od tranny.

If I were to purchase this jeep, I know I would replace ALL belts, fluids and hoses immediately just for peace of mind. However, as I am new to the CJ series, what pitfalls/weaknesses should be aware of or expecting. From limited research, appears it has the Buick v-6 engine. Trouble prone? How about the transmission/drive train? Front end? Wobbles on the hwy?

Thanks in advance for any help or insights.

PS, Jeep newbie here! - hang out mostly on the Porsche forums.

Chuck

scupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2003, 12:56 PM   #2
explortainment

www.earlycj5.com can help you out immensley with these questions. They have an entire website devoted to that engine and 'style' jeep.
explortainment is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.