lineX prices? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > lineX prices?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 03-06-2013, 04:57 AM   #1
dsfd722sts
1980 CJ7 

lineX prices?

so I got an invoice for lineX for the inside of the tub and the underside of the tub. the tub has been mediablasted and body worked, there are bolts in the holes that need to be "clear". the only thing that needs to be masked is the outside of the body. my question is $1200, seems steep, for "relitively" no prep and materials. BUT what I am thinking is it may double for a quality paint job on the same area. what have you found with reguards to paint vs linner prices and the benifits? and if your in the Vegas area where have you gone for linners. quote is from 4thetruck.... in "hender-tucky".

dsfd722sts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:53 AM   #2
CJ7KAHUNA

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsfd722sts View Post
so I got an invoice for lineX for the inside of the tub and the underside of the tub. the tub has been mediablasted and body worked, there are bolts in the holes that need to be "clear". the only thing that needs to be masked is the outside of the body. my question is $1200, seems steep, for "relitively" no prep and materials. BUT what I am thinking is it may double for a quality paint job on the same area. what have you found with reguards to paint vs linner prices and the benifits? and if your in the Vegas area where have you gone for linners. quote is from 4thetruck.... in "hender-tucky".

My jeep is in the shop right now getting lined. The liner being put in has a very similar look and texture to LineX. I cant recall the name right now. My entire tub is costing me $460. I'll post the brand name of the liner used later today.
CJ7KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 06:12 AM   #3
78FordF150
1983 CJ7 

I had the inside of mine Rhino lined and it cost me $750. Money well spent. I question, having the underneath done. I would think overtime it might separate and being underneath it would trap moisture.
Paint it to match

My NP435 install [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/time-tranny-swap-upgrading-np435-1487201/[/url]
78FordF150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #4
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

dsfd722sts,

The bed-liner vs paint topic gets debated a bunch around here, so don't expect a definitive answer, just personal preferences. When I restored mine, I chose to stick with the paint, for a few reasons.

First, I wanted to keep my CJ as close to original as I could.

Second, I think paint cleans up far easier than bed-liner. I still haven't seen a bed-liner that doesn't hold dirt, and take on a dingy appearance after a while.

Lastly, I plan to hold onto my CJ for life, which means the likelihood of a future "touchup" type restoration is high. I didn't want to deal with the headaches of removing the liner in areas that may need repair, then try to blend new liner in with the old. I think that is bound to look like crap.

Anyway, those are my opinions. You'll get others, trust me.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #5
noodles5124

I've never seen anyone pay over 4-500 to linex a truck bed
noodles5124 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #6
GPERSCREEPERS99

I got a quote from my local linex yesterday to do my Aluminum cj8 tub inside and underside and it was 1200 also. He told me he was giving me a break since its new and aluminum and he would have no prep. I am questioning doing it. Rhino quoted me 750 but I have read Rhino sometimes will peel and it also fades. I have not read that about linex. Not to say it hasn't but it hasn't been documented as much.
12 Grand Cherokee Wife's Daily Driver
GPERSCREEPERS99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #7
kyrubicon
1980 CJ5 

I got the tub of my JK unlimited 4 door sprayed with Line X for $650. Very nice investment and plan on doing the same with my CJ here shortly. Not sure I would do the underneath the tub.
kyrubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #8
twinstickd20
Cause 2 is better than 1

1979 CJ7 

I had line x spray my short bed step side Chevy truck 3 yrs ago and it is still looking good, cost me 400 and they said they would spray my jeep tub for 650. I decided to go with durabak for it and now I wish I would have let line x do it.
Unread 03-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #9
colejacobs

I have done line x and rhino in truck beds. Both fade and hold dirt over time; that being said I am considering it for my CJ because I like the benefits.
colejacobs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #10
CJ7KAHUNA

1985 CJ7 

I understand that bedliner might fade over time but who puts bedliner in a CJ tub for looks anyway?

As for holding dirt - I am just hoping that rinsing it out during cleanings and maybe an annual seat removal and soap and water brush scrubbing will keep it from getting too dirty.
CJ7KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #11
NOCHEEPGAS
1980 CJ5 

I was quoted 750 to 1,000 to Line-X my tub, (just the inside) with their UV inhibitor, which is an additional cost over their old standard product. Personally I think I will do the underside with Lizzard Skin ceramic coating to hold back some of the heat that tends to come through the floorboards.
NOCHEEPGAS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #12
roadhog304
1973 CJ5 

I paid A LOT more than anyone else has posted above, but, I had my tub color matched on the inside of the tub and on the inside of the fenders, and tailgate. I then had them spray the underside of the tub and fenders in black. They also had to worry about scratching my month old paint job. I ended up with one or two small scratches on the fender but the fender flares covered it so no harm, no foul. It turned out excellent and worth every penny. I was very happy with the results and get compliments all of the time. Some like liner in the tub and some dont. to each their own.

The nice thing about the liner on the fenders and underside of the tub is that it made them more sold and eliminated almost all of the road noise. I also live on a gravel road and the swampers pick up tons of rocks and I do not have to worry about rock chips. The underside of my rock sliders have about of a 1/4 of the paint knocked off because of rocks but not a singe spot of liner is messed up in the wheel wells. One of these days I think I will pull off the sliders and have them lined in black.
Unread 03-08-2013, 01:10 AM   #13
BSInc
1985 CJ7 

If it's been media blasted and it bare steel, they normally need to spray a primer for Line-X to stick to properly. I've a had skid plates done by them, and they have to primer my bare steel parts every time. this may account for a bit of the difference.
BSInc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #14
dsfd722sts
1980 CJ7 

Thank you all for your thoughts, I think I want to have the tub underneath done because I can’t DIY the underside without spraying it, HOA frowns upon any automotive work done, let alone fumes from the garage. I want to get in all the tight spaces for full coverage; I also like the point on making it more solid. Now that I think about it, I think maybe I can monstaliner or durabak the inside, myself. I want a solid job and great wear but I want to do the things I can myself. I am sure this topic is beyond killed but rhino liner any good? Some say it is “rubbery,” some say it peels? I have had lineX and was real happy with it, but at double the cost? Anybody here in Vegas used the “custom truck” on Fremont st.?
dsfd722sts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.