lifts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > lifts

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-30-2004, 11:36 PM   #1
83 cj-7 258

lifts

I'm thinking of which lift i should get for my 83 cj. All i want is 2-3" lift. Add a leaf kits a tempting because they a cheaper and add 2", does any one know anything about them. When I do lift my jeep do I need to get a dropped pitman arm, new sway bar links, t case lowering bracket, or any other stuff. How big of tires could i fit with a 2-3" lift. THANKS!

Unread 05-31-2004, 06:55 AM   #2
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

With a 2.5" lift kit, you can toss 33" tires on your jeep. I'd suggest at the same time, that you put a 1" body lift in there to give it the perfect height.

Many companies make a 2.5" suspension lifts. Add a leaf is fine, but why not spend a couple extra bucks and replace those tired, old springs?

A 2.5" kit will not require a drop pitman arm or a t-case lowering kit. You won't need to replace the sway bar links either.

Look into Skyjacker softride, BDS and Rubicon Express for 2.5" kits.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.