Lifted cj's - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Lifted cj's

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 03-29-2010, 08:53 PM   #16
jeepskate
Web Wheeler
1986 CJ7 

Prepare to open your wallet if you actually intend to do much more than street drive it and lightly cruise it down the beach or some easy dirt roads. You're into the $$ zone with bigger axles with lower gears. I'd suggest that you do some more research before you buy anything.

jeepskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 06:06 AM   #17
JCPeeler
1982 CJ7 

Well i did find 2 dana 44's off of a Scout around my area.and from what someone else told me on here is that the Scout 44s would be the next easiest besides a D44 of a 86 cj7. but which would be hard to find. and im bout to grad. college from welding. and my uncle has a welder i could use so hopefully fab work shouldnt be a prob... think i should go with the Scout 44's??? but i was wondering too about if i did switch to different axles from another make and model. would i still order the suspension lift for an 82 cj7?? and i do work full time making decent $$ and not to many bills yet so the jeep is number one right now. anything to get it right. i dont want to put $$ in the wrong area (like the axles) and then later on find out i should have invested in something else.
JCPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 07:07 AM   #18
DirtyDevin
1983 CJ7 

If you're wanting 38's or maybe bigger you might want to look into Dana 60's. There are a lot of guys who do run Scout 44's.
DirtyDevin is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.