Lift Springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Lift Springs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap SkidRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-29-2008, 10:36 PM   #1
Chrisfol82

Lift Springs

I just got a set of 4" lift springs installed on the front end of my Jeep today. Havent done the rear yet.

So far it looks liek the fronts are lifted a little more than i expected and the shackle doesnt lean forewad a little like it should, it leans a little back.

Do these springs usually take a little while to sag back into place? I havent driven it or anythign yet, it just seemed a little too high to me and i was just wodering if anyone else had seen this and if they sagged much after a short time.

Chrisfol82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2008, 10:53 PM   #2
elks96
1985 CJ7 

What springs were you replacing? If they were stock odd are they were sagging hard. The lift is meant to be over stock. So a flatter spring before = more lift later.

As far as the shackle, I am not sure. Are you sure the springs are correct?

What springs are they?
1985 CJ 7 258 bored/Cammed, MotorCraft Carb, Mallory Ignition, NP435/Dana 300, 4.5 RE Ex, 1.25 JKS Body Lift, Detriot AMC 20 Rear(detroit locker and Warn Hub Conversion), Herculined Tub, Chevy Heater Blower, 34" Swampers, Custom Rear Bumper, more to come....

1972 K5 8" lift, 36" swampers, lockers, custom paint.
elks96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2008, 05:55 PM   #3
Chrisfol82

They are BDS 4" lift springs, i realize they may be a little more than 4" over stock if my stocks are sagging a little.

I got the rears installed today too, and they are also a litle higher than i expected, but i still have 31's on it now and am switching to 35's so im sure it will be fine with the 35's even if it doesnt sag much.
Unread 06-30-2008, 06:43 PM   #4
CJ Chet
1986 CJ7 

I have 4" BDS springs with 1" shackles. They are a few years old now and show no signs of sagging.

'86 CJ7, 265 CI, DUI, TF999, Borla, Weber, 4" BDS Lift.
'04 AEV RUBICON.
'00 TJ Sahara.
CJ Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2008, 07:12 PM   #5
Chrisfol82

What size tires are those?

I suppose they are probably exactly how they should be im just not used to it yet, and itll look more as i expect it to once i get some bigger tires on it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.