Lift kits - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Lift kits

Complete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.comEnd of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 04-21-2002, 06:43 AM   #1
retnav94

Lift kits

I am trying to decide on which kit to buy. I want a 4" lift. Many to choose from. I realize it comes down to personal preference, but I have not done this before so I am in limbo. Superlift, tough country, skyjacker? Anything to look out for? Oh I am lifting a 1985 CJ7 pretty much stock.

Thanks

retnav94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2002, 05:18 PM   #2
4wheeler4CJ

Personal preference, and based on experience, go with the complete Skyjacker kit out of Quadratec, it will include all of your suspension components necessary, I think it even has the dropped pitman arm, which is usually suggested with a 4" lift.

You will also need longer brake hoses, I'd get the stainless braided ones, they perform better, last longer, and are designed for 4" lifts; also available thru quadratec.

<a href="http://www.quadratec.com" target="_blank">www.quadratec.com</a>
4wheeler4CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2002, 07:52 PM   #3
retnav94

Many Thanks. I will go check them out.
retnav94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2002, 01:19 PM   #4
Dtray332

I recently lifted my 86 CJ7 4 inches. I went with the Pro Comp, with 33 inch Super Swampers. It came with everything you need, but the extended brake lines and bump stops. There are some smoother riding kits out there, but for the money it's a good deal. If you go through 4 wheel parts, you can also get free shipping. You can also keep a look out, you can find others running free shipping specials.
Unread 04-25-2002, 01:49 PM   #5
4wheeler4CJ

4 Wheel Parts?

Check the past threads on here about their business "practices" before considering them.
4wheeler4CJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.