Lets See Those Extra Lights n Mounts... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Lets See Those Extra Lights n Mounts...

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 01-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
poppatello
1984 CJ7 

Lets See Those Extra Lights n Mounts...

I need more lights. I have a surf rack I put on for the season which will be coming up soon and when it's on the jeep my head lights are blocked. Also, when I go mudding the lights get covered so I want to install some extra lights. I would like to see what you guys have done and how you like them. I also would like to know who you guys ran the wires from the lights to the inside switches.

Paved Roads
A Fine Example of Needless Government Spending
Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker View Post

Sometimes it a good idea to pull a vacuum hose before the wife rides in it--you can tell her you need a new ____ and once you get your new ____ you can reconnect the hose. :)

84 Cj 7 w/ 4-Banger, 4.5" BDS lift, 1/2 Trans Drop, Twin Stick, 32" Tire, Front Aussie Locker, No Sound System Yet, No Armor, Warn 8274 Not Installed, Webber Carb Upgrade, Luckycheese Ing. Upgrade...
poppatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2010, 02:23 PM   #2
JavaTee
1979 CJ5 

Since I didn't send any pics of the mounts in the pm, here you go

(The mounts aren't pretty, but they work, and they cost me 45 minutes of time. )

The wiring is run under the windshield weather strip, and then down to the relay wires.

Later, T.J.
JavaTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #3
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

For power, I like to use a relay with just a trigger ground wire going to the switch. that way only an 18 ga. wire that is a ground needs to run into the tub for the switch.

See: The Bosch Relay Unraveled for wiring schematics.

I also use dedicated grounds for each light. The stock Jeep ground straps are only rated for the stock Jeep things, adding lights or a big stereo need added grounds.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #4
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

I like these a lot. They throw off a tremendous amount of light that I need at night. No back spill or anything to reflect off the front, except maybe snow.
plowlights.jpg  
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.