Led parking lughts - JeepForum.com
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 09-16-2012, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
vortec85cj
1985 CJ7 

Led parking lughts

So I got my led parking lights installed, along with some HID headlights. Blinkers still don't work but at least the running lights do

image-3115083859.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 09-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Splinter
1980 CJ5 

I'm having issues as well. I replaced the marker lights with LED, installed 10.5 ohm power resistors in parallel with them. No go. I have now picked up 6 ohm power resistors to see if that will work. The flashers were changed as well. If you find a solution, please post.
post #3 of 22 Old 09-16-2012, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
vortec85cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter
I'm having issues as well. I replaced the marker lights with LED, installed 10.5 ohm power resistors in parallel with them. No go. I have now picked up 6 ohm power resistors to see if that will work. The flashers were changed as well. If you find a solution, please post.
Definitely. I've done the same things.my hazards work fine, do yours ?

post #4 of 22 Old 09-16-2012, 08:07 PM
har99
1979 CJ7 

I have led front and rears, also switched out markers with led's, and added LED flasher and mine work. So my question is are there any regular bulbs in your system? If so try unpluging them and then see if you get the signals to work.
post #5 of 22 Old 09-16-2012, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
vortec85cj
1985 CJ7 

All my bulbs are led except for dash lights
post #6 of 22 Old 09-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Matt80cj
1980 CJ7 

what did you use for the lights. I would like to do LED (headlights and marker- front and rear) but don't know where to start looking for parts.
post #7 of 22 Old 09-16-2012, 08:36 PM
aggiejon
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt80cj
what did you use for the lights. I would like to do LED (headlights and marker- front and rear) but don't know where to start looking for parts.
Superbrightleds.com. Order a pair of amber stop/turn/tail (s/t/t) and install them behind the stock lenses. I used 2" screws and a piece of metal strap to hold them in place. I've heard of people opening up the holes on the grill and using the supplied grommets to mount. Then wire them up with a good ground. I wired my park on the tail function and blinker on the stop function. I do not believe that there is a single standard bulb on my jeep, indicator or dash.

The above site sells the appropriate bulbs to replace every light in your dash as well. Just remember, if colored light, match the color - blue (hi beam indicator), red(warning lamps), green (turn signal indicators), etc.
post #8 of 22 Old 09-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Matt80cj
1980 CJ7 

thanks that will help a bunch!! I'll look into that.
post #9 of 22 Old 09-17-2012, 04:37 AM
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Cant use stock flasher with all LED Turn signals. You need to get an electronic flasher. Then you don't even need the resistors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 22 Old 09-17-2012, 08:35 AM
bentshackle
1983 CJ7 

Pretty sure you wired the resistors wrong. They should be in series. But I digress... Get an electronic flasher and scrap the resistors and you will be fine.
post #11 of 22 Old 09-17-2012, 09:59 AM
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Resistors should be in parallel to increase the load (Current) through the OEM flasher.
You (bentschackle) are probably thinking of the series resister used to limit the current to the LED which sometimes is also correct but it does nothing to help the flasher cycle. I'm pretty sure these LED replacement lamps already have current limiting resistors installed.

The 10.5 ohm and 6 ohms resistors will up the current from negligible to 1.2 to 2 amps through each side that might start the flasher to cycle.
The 6 ohm will be around 24 watts. Should put that in your defroster vents...

post #12 of 22 Old 09-21-2012, 05:46 PM
bentshackle
1983 CJ7 

Touche salesman. I stand corrected.
post #13 of 22 Old 01-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Peck
1986 CJ7 

I know this is a old thread, but does anyone have a suggestion for the electronic flasher relay or a part number off a relay that works. I am not wiring guru, but the relay I use now is a 2 wire flasher relay. How would I go about wiring a electric unit? Trying to swap over to KC amber LED front turns.
post #14 of 22 Old 01-28-2013, 02:43 AM
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

I got mine at Walmart.

post #15 of 22 Old 01-29-2013, 07:03 AM
Peck
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
I got mine at Walmart.
Is that LED friendly? My stock flasher worked with just the LED tail lights, bot not with front LEDs thrown is the mix.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.