LED lights - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > LED lights

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineKrawlOff-Road.com Jeep Beach Sale

Unread 12-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #16
GTNMUDY
1984 CJ7 

Originally Posted by james04si
Is that actual aluminum duct tape that you have to remove the backing for it to stick or the cloth/PVC duck tape? There is a difference in reflectivity and it may just be because I'm on my phone but that looks like duck tape not aluminum duct tape in the picture.

The picture is paint and aluminum tape side by side. The tape is a 3M product used by HVAC techs to seal ducting joints. Come on a roll and has no backing to remove.

This tape has been on the market for over 40 years and is expensive but it is the real deal.

Larry

Unread 12-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #17
ScroungerLee
1986 CJ7 

Fwiw gloss white paint should reflect better than silver. I doubt it would make a noticeable difference in real life.
ScroungerLee is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #18
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
It's actual aluminum tape ( at least what I'm using) and the backing has to be removed. I haven't bought the brand seen in the picture. I posted it to give a general idea.

I would also say the tape is better than paint.

Attachment 888922

Bill
I have found this to be very effective as well. Also as mentioned, actually getting inside and cleaning out the trail dust is a big help. Replacing the gaskets on the tail lights helps keep that dust out, but not all of it. This actually IS a CJ part that the local Jeep dealer has! Just don't tell them that; they think it's for a newer Jeep. Telling them it fits a CJ will either create a new stock number with a higher price, or they'll drop the part entirely!
Unread 12-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #19
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

My #1 would be the replacement LED light like the first response recommended. I did this, and the intensely bright back-up lights made it worth it immediately.

#2 would be reflector tape like used on trailers. Reflector tape is designed to reflect light, which is the goal you are looking for. It is also the route I thought Coiz took.

#3 would be the foil tape.

I tried silver paint in my front turn/markers, and it did nothing to improve it. All it did was slow the rust...

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #20
danielbuck
Uncle Buck

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've got LED lights on my 2a, they are quite bright!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.