Learned a lesson and new name for my CJ7 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Learned a lesson and new name for my CJ7

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 02-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #16
jimdubose
1978 CJ5 

well, this ain't a spider, but is a sculpture along the bayfront in Sarasota, down the road, just thought I'd insert this into this thread, even though it has nothing to do with it. I did remove my speedometer to repair it and found a dirt daubber nest in it yesterday morning, but that seems a little mundane considering the other posts here. does that count? this is more of an attention grabber than a busted up dirt dauber nest, right? notice the perspective of person standing there. wonder if anyone ever looked up her skirt?

unconditional-surrender-2.jpg  
jimdubose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #17
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

Bleach in a spray bottle will kill them RIGHT NOW... armor all will too, but you don't want armor all on your paint, and its far more expensive than bleach..
Unread 02-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #18
JeffreyCharles
1976 CJ5 

Why kill the spiders? They eat the mosquitoes! Every single morning (in warm weather anyway) I climb in the Jeep and have to brush aside the spider webs. I try to carefully lower any spiders I snag onto the ground. We have black widows *everywhere*. One is always mindful when changing the blade in one's table saw. On the other hand, if you want to control spiders and other pests, chickens are the way to go! They'll clear the grounds in a week, sneaky bastards...
Unread 02-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #19
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

spiders that eat mosquitos are one thing, but black widows, hobo spiders, and the like, get the bleach bottle shower.. unless they eat OBAMA'S I'm not interested in having them around..
Unread 02-27-2013, 07:21 AM   #20
vinnyabs
1983 CJ7 

I had to leaf blower my house inside and out and shower after reading this thread. I f-ing HATE spiders!!!

Love the 20 minute Mexican tap dancing! I may have been known to do the same dance along with the shrill scream of a 7 year old Girl Scout in similar situations in the past. I did really well with the camel spiders and scorpions in the desert. One guy put a scorpion in a small ziploc and laid it on my shoulder. All I could see was the scorpion not the bag in the millisecond before I jumped out of my skin and did that dance!
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #21
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyabs View Post
I had to leaf blower my house inside and out and shower after reading this thread. I f-ing HATE spiders!!!

Love the 20 minute Mexican tap dancing! I may have been known to do the same dance along with the shrill scream of a 7 year old Girl Scout in similar situations in the past. I did really well with the camel spiders and scorpions in the desert. One guy put a scorpion in a small ziploc and laid it on my shoulder. All I could see was the scorpion not the bag in the millisecond before I jumped out of my skin and did that dance!
I guess that is my biggest phobia.. spiders.. little, big, hairy, bald, I don't care what color, creed, or where they are from, I can say, if I see one, I know where its going..
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #22
markso125
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
After googling I see they are distantly related to the snipe.
The irony in this statement is that the snipe is a real creature... its a water bird and surprising enough native to north america (even though it is very rare) and throughout the world lol...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipe
markso125 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #23
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by markso125

The irony in this statement is that the snipe is a real creature... its a water bird and surprising enough native to north america (even though it is very rare) and throughout the world lol...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipe
Yup, people snipe hunt here in north Louisiana. Generally though the term snipe hunt refers to the same prinicapl as the dropbear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.