Leaf Springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Leaf Springs

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 11-17-2002, 11:28 PM   #1
89yjPOS

Leaf Springs

I was wondering if you CJ guys could help me out?
I was interested to find out if CJ Leaf Springs would fin on a YJ.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Chris

89yjPOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2002, 11:22 AM   #2
rustyCJ

i dont know the length of yj springs but i believe they are a lil longer and they are wider. i guess if they are the same length you could use washers or something to make up the difference in width on the cj springs at the shackle and springeye. you would have a gap between your spring and the ubolts at the springplate that would scare me a lil.

ok, now why would you want to? cj springs dont flex as well and arent as stable as yj springs.
Unread 11-18-2002, 10:23 PM   #3
Lujan

The front YJ are 2 1/2" wide, CJ front are 2". The front YJ are 1 inch longer, so I was told. I don't know about the rear YJ. The CJ's rear are 2 1/2" wide.

I am going to use the YJ springs on the front of my CJ due to better ride.

Hope this helps

Bert
Lujan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2002, 11:54 AM   #4
mohmane

i just switched my scrambler over to rubicon 2.5 inch wrangler springs and did a coil over and bigger shackles i dont see why you would ever want cj springs on a wrangler that is one of the only things that wranglers have better then cj's
mohmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2002, 12:22 PM   #5
89yjPOS

Thanks for the info boys... the reason i was interested was that my Yj has a broken eye on the right rear. This is a jeep that i take hunting ect... So i was looking for a low cost replacement... but i found a leaf from a 88yj for $10, just down the road from me... thanks
89yjPOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2002, 06:05 PM   #6
Lujan

Mohmane,

Did you buy the SOA springs with 5 or 6 leafs? I been looking at he Rubicon brand because they claim their springs for SOA are better ride. I called them to ask some question how they were built and shaped but not much help. I wanted a drawing on their springs with all the measurements. I hope they didn't think I was a spy for another company.

I would like to see some pictures before I buy. I am working on my front axles, Dana 44 cutting them down and going to do a SOA. I am waiting for 2 1/2 steel tubing for making spring perchs.
next I will be rebuilting the Dana 300.

Wii you send me any spring pictures before ia buy?

Thanks

Bert
Lujan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.