Layed it on its side... what now - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Layed it on its side... what now

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right hereJK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.

Unread 04-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #16
hutch1200
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSP View Post
Change every fluid? For what reason? Gear oils don't get damaged or contaminated just because it went over.
Yeah, I'd have to agree w/you. Perhaps some leaked out a vent? And unless they were serviced recently...why not? But since other "things" might pop up and bust yer budget, maybe just topping them off, if needed is the way to go.

Unread 04-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #17
82JeepCJ7
1982 CJ7 

This is one reason why I like AMC V8s... no holes in the valve covers. When I laid mine over a few weeks back, it didn't leak a drop of oil. I simply set it back in its wheels, waited a couple of min to let any oil drain back down. Pulled the plugs just to be safe, turned it over a few times to clear the cylinders. Popped the plugs back in and was on my way.

Wheel, Wrench, Repeat.
82JeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #18
big_o_tom
1978 CJ7 

When I laid mine over (upside down), it was upside down for at least an hour. Flipped it back over, let it sit a few minutes and started it. I didnt pull any plugs, maybe I was lucky. I dont know if oil will compress or not but I do know it smokes!
big_o_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 12:10 AM   #19
jodowii2
1980 CJ7 

yea OP pics or it didnt happen lol
jodowii2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.