Laughable Ebay auctions - Page 58 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Laughable Ebay auctions

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-18-2014, 10:19 AM   #856
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

But it does come with headers and OPEN exhaust. NO muffles to slow you down.

I bet that gets old fast.

John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #857
1978CJ7Beast
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdatkins View Post
I always felt like, if you had the Golden Eagle package, you have to have the golden eagle wheels. Or at least some golden colored wheels of some sort. To each their own I suppose.
I agree - for that price tag, if it says "Golden Eagle"..it should have all the accompanying Golden Eagle hard to find, original, parts...in great shape. This thing has aftermarket wheels, seats, grab bar, etc. But as others have said - maybe it's really a sound DD...and that's what you're paying for? If you replace enough stuff...I guess that's possible? : )
"What will all that chatter and hearsay count (will you even be able to remember it?) when the anaesthetic fog which we call "nature" or "the real world" fades away and the Presence in which you have always stood becomes palpable, immediate, and unavoidable? - C.S. Lewis"
1978CJ7Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 05:50 PM   #858
tacjeep99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken4444 View Post
I think the appeal is that the Jeep needs no additional work. It's ready to go and fully complete. (at least, that's the claim). To see a price of $22K isn't so bad when you consider there is no shortage of sellers with jeeps for $30K to $50K who are trying to reclaim every penny they spent on the thing.

In that light, $22K doesn't seem like a bad deal for a person who wants to buy a fully complete CJ. Of course let the buyer beware. The devil is in the details. Any CJ would need to be inspected before buying, and a $22K Jeep requires a thorough inspection by a knowledgeable person.

(Personally I don't like the 17" wheels either)

Here's the Jeep from the ad:
I will start with the obvious on this one, the Golden Eagle package was not available with Firecracker Red for the 79 model year. The rocker strips should be black, the Levis sticker was never OEM on a Golden Eagle, the Limited Edition sticker was only on the 77 Golden Eagles which only came in one color for 77, Oakleaf Brown. There is no Golden Eagle pinstriping on the sides or grill.

I highly doubt this is, or was ever a Golden Eagle. $22,000 for this? Wildly overpriced considering it is a very inaccurately done clone.
It might have been a Renegade, there are indications of that, but it is not a OEM Golden Eagle.
tacjeep99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 06:11 PM   #859
bdatkins
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacjeep99 View Post
I will start with the obvious on this one, the Golden Eagle package was not available with Firecracker Red for the 79 model year. The rocker strips should be black, the Levis sticker was never OEM on a Golden Eagle, the Limited Edition sticker was only on the 77 Golden Eagles which only came in one color for 77, Oakleaf Brown. There is no Golden Eagle pinstriping on the sides or grill.

I highly doubt this is, or was ever a Golden Eagle. $22,000 for this? Wildly overpriced considering it is a very inaccurately done clone.
It might have been a Renegade, there are indications of that, but it is not a OEM Golden Eagle.
Wow, good eye.
bdatkins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 06:15 PM   #860
JMcDonaldKnives
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacjeep99 View Post

Very nice eye to spot all that. Only way to know exactly what it is would be to get the vin and decode it.

My Build Threads

1980 CJ7 4.2L T177 D300 D30 AMC20 (under construction)
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/knifeboy-jeep-build-thread-1387906/[/url]
1989 YJ 4.2L T177 NP231 D30 D35 Pro Comp 3" lift 32/1150/15 BFG AT
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/knifeboy-yj-build-thread-1720362/[/url]
JMcDonaldKnives is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 11:06 PM   #861
tacjeep99

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcDonaldKnives View Post
Very nice eye to spot all that. Only way to know exactly what it is would be to get the vin and decode it.
The VIN will not reveal if it was a Golden Eagle. Jeep VINs back then did not specify option packages. If it was a 77, you could tell it was a Golden Eagle by the color code for Oakleaf Brown, which was a Golden Eagle only color for 77. The only other way to tell if a CJ was a Golden Eagle is if you can get the original window sticker or the build sheet or verification from the original owner.

There are some indicators on old CJ 5s that will tell if it was a Renegade because on certain model years, there were Renegade only colors. Another color specific Renegade is the 25th anniversary Renegade CJ 5 that was available in a specific color of silver. Also the aforementioned 77 Golden Eagle which was only available in a specfic shade of brown. That color continued on in the 78 model year, but at that point it was not a Golden Eagle only option. What it comes down to, is, because of a lack of VIN coding on CJs you will be hard pressed to say definitively what options it had OEM. There can be indicators to look for, but they are not positive proof.

Whoever buys this CJ 5, if they are buying it thinking they are getting a Golden Eagle, they are getting screwed. If they are buying it because they want a nice CJ 5, they are getting screwed on the price. I am certainly no expert on Jeep CJ values, but I think this CJ is priced about 10,000 over what it is really worth. It is nicely done, but it is really just a nice 35 year old CJ.

I think there are way more Golden Eagles floating around than AMC Jeep ever built.
tacjeep99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2014, 09:40 AM   #862
HAARUBICON
1984 CJ7 

Other than the price, I think my issue is the fact that its a CJ5 and not a 7. Not to offend the CJ5 guys, but 7's bring more money. Whether its a "real" Golden Eagle or not "more than likely not" it is really great looking $14000 jeep. It has obviously had a lot of good work done to it and looks damn good. The same Jeep in a CJ7, $18000 would sell it to a guy wanting a good looking weekend cruiser. But then again you can find mid 80's CJ's with 4 or 5 speeds or maybe God forbid an automatic that would make a better overall driver. Only 1 cent worth of opinion though. 2 cents is to much.
HAARUBICON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2014, 10:38 AM   #863
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Headers and no mufflers wouldn't make it a better driver in my opinion..
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2014, 02:09 PM   #864
scottg73
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
But it does come with headers and OPEN exhaust. NO muffles to slow you down.

I bet that gets old fast.
It does. I did that with an old Mustang and a 289...headers only...I had just pulled off the old exhaust. It was unbelievably LOUD. I mean setting off car alarms as we drove down the street kind of loud.

After maybe an hour or two it wasn't funny any more. Time to put the new exhaust on.
scottg73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2014, 12:29 PM   #865
Mace350
1989 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Boomera...item19bd57a58f

Is it just me or did they mount the shackles to the fixed location giving a new meaning to the term floating axle....
Mace350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2014, 01:24 PM   #866
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace350 View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Boomera...item19bd57a58f

Is it just me or did they mount the shackles to the fixed location giving a new meaning to the term floating axle....
Let's hope it's a shackle reversal but it does look funny with the booms back there.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2014, 11:03 PM   #867
JMcDonaldKnives
1980 CJ7 

If you look, you will see that those are on the front with a shackle reversal. Notice the locking front hubs.

My Build Threads

1980 CJ7 4.2L T177 D300 D30 AMC20 (under construction)
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/knifeboy-jeep-build-thread-1387906/[/url]
1989 YJ 4.2L T177 NP231 D30 D35 Pro Comp 3" lift 32/1150/15 BFG AT
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/knifeboy-yj-build-thread-1720362/[/url]
JMcDonaldKnives is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2014, 11:05 PM   #868
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Where was this thread when i found the arb safari knockoff snorkel for only $12k
Unread 01-27-2014, 05:33 AM   #869
Mace350
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcDonaldKnives
If you look, you will see that those are on the front with a shackle reversal. Notice the locking front hubs.
I pulled the trigger to quick, the boomerangs really threw me off.
Mace350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 03:02 PM   #870
70worm
1977 CJ5 

People need to realize it's never worth the money you put into it. Another thing people need to know is your time is worth $0! My CJ5 is worth $1,000,000, I've spent $7500 on it, I could probably sell it for $3000.
70worm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.