Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Laughable Ebay auctions

248K views 2K replies 360 participants last post by  Fourtrail 
#1 ·
These threads pop up often here, so I thought maybe there would be some value in confining them to one thread.

I'll start it off with this $26,000 gem with a rusty valve cover, exposed wiring, unpainted aluminum tub, and the thing I hate the most; "...WAY TOO MUCH TO LIST!!!"

Oh, for $26K you also get:

-Working Wipers
-Working Head Lights
-Working Tail Lights
-Working Turn Signals

Not a horrible Jeep (if you can accept the color scheme), but not worth the asking price by any means.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160615771718

Attachments

See less See more
#108 ·
#155 ·
If you're just starting off and trying to make a living just make sure you know what you are doing before trying to sell a product. I hear where you are coming from but who does this guy think he is thinking someone would pay $750 for something that's not even bent on a break, but looks to be hammered over the edge of some angle iron?

I really love this line too:

3.With or without diamond plate topper or brushed aluminum
Optional Windshield Delete Kit Included If you Want the Topper
( must remove windshield for diamond plate or brushed aluminum top)

What the F is he saying? You say optional, but then in quotes it says it must be removed?

#112 ·
craigslist Albuquerque

He only wants $7900

Custom built Jeep Wrangler 350 conversion. Conversion was done in 2008 to a 1988 Jeep Wrangler. Chevy 350 engine. Jeep wrangler body on Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 axles. B &M rachet shifter on the floor. Customer blue flames on black paint. Have 5th matching wheel and tire. Tire was too heavy for the back door. Will need reinforcement before reattaching. Has bottom brace and bracket for tire but door needs reinforcement. Skyjacker on hood is also included. This Jeep is a definite PANTY DROPPER...lol. Ragtop convertible top. Door inserts are included. Some jerk stole the faceplate for the stereo recently :(. Rhino liner has been sprayed on the entire floor of the interior as well as on the wheel well covers. Spent $5000 on rims and tires alone. The jeep itself books at $5600.00 on NADA. Rims plus Jeep is already over $10,000 and doesn't include any of the hours spent on the conversion. We will consider financing with half down and proof of insurance (no credit check required) but we will need references, etc. Serious inquires only!!! I won't waste your time if you don't waste mine.

#115 ·

Attachments

#118 ·
I saw a few posts about ppl not wanting to pay 8-12k for a CJ. My/my brothers CJ has been sitting in the barn for 8 years needing a frame. So. It goes like this. Maybe I'll buy a quad. 6-8k. For a few bucks more...side by side=12k. Well hell, for 12k, I can rebuild a 360, find a good frame (took 2 years), painless wire it, swap the glass body on etc...When I'm finished I'm sure to have 15k into it. I won't need to trailer it everywhere. It's a spare vehicle if needed. 400hp should make it fun from light to light. And my family of 4 will be able to hit cruise night, or trail ride. I realize quad vs CJ= apples and bacon comparison. And this thread has been a ball. Thanx to all!

#129 ·

Attachments

#154 ·
Times are getting tough.... they sold 62 pairs but they all got them for 11.95! I knew I shoulda bought um while I had the chance! Stupid inflation!

#139 ·
Wow

Just wow. 1st 1 should be "hard-ish top. W/o the back window, you'll catch a nice exhaust buzz. So, ya get that freebie!

#144 ·
Ken4444 said:
Yeah, that one (http://nwct.craigslist.org/cto/2706266598.html) is laughable, both the price and the chain of words that passes as a description.

"..needs wheel bearing and clutch rod will fix both if interested"
and

"new windshield frame included could use paint .... got keyed rear fenders are primer black rest is blue"
And he wants $34,500 for the thing?! How about $345.00 instead?

Although I don't like it, I can accept that some people are p*ss poor writers, but a person should at least have a reasonable understanding of what their rig is worth!

$34,500 for the thing? Truly laughable!
"has hard top an doors cept the hardtop is little rotted an there's no more left least you can see my pretty green roll bar painted somthin real nice..."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.