the latch popped outta my hard doors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > the latch popped outta my hard doors

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 01-21-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
kingjoey5000
1986 CJ7 

the latch popped outta my hard doors

Man went off roading the other day, (not hard to do on st.croix) got home and my door latch popped outta my hard door when i went to open it, any ideas how to put it back on so it stays??????

kingjoey5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
wrongway92407

1986 CJ7 

did the screws come loose and fall out, or did it break. a pic would help
86 CJ7 2.5 detroits, OBA 4.56, air tank bumpers, w/D rings,9500I warn 31x10.5x15, Trxus
86 CJ7 bone stock, w/factory 44 never seen the dirt soon to be for sale
87 Wrangler also never seen the dirt.
wrongway92407 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
kingjoey5000
1986 CJ7 

yeah here goes, had a good jeep day all in all today, had a shifting problem, fixed it, got my bikini to back on, and my doors off, so theres not really a rush on fixing them, but heres the pics, wait a min can figure how to up load them gimme a sec!
Unread 01-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
kingjoey5000
1986 CJ7 

pics up

got a coupla pics in my gallery , im usuall good at figuring these types og things out , but this ones a stumpa
Unread 01-21-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
kingjoey5000
1986 CJ7 

dunno if the pics made it or not, its a paddle style laych, the whole assembly has popped out, found one piece looks like a little toothed saw blade???
Unread 01-21-2010, 03:35 PM   #6
mtbtweety

1982 CJ8 

You'll need to remove the inner door panel to repair it. Window up, obviously. The "sawblade" pieces actually go in channels inside the handle and sandwich the door sheet metal between the sawblade piece and the outside of the handle. There should be metal clips on either side of the door handle that hold those sawblade pieces in. My CJ has one inserted from the top, and one inserted from the bottom.
mtbtweety is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 06:08 PM   #7
kingjoey5000
1986 CJ7 

hey thanks man, any thing other then a jeep this could have been a pain in the ***, but im gonna do it while im watching tv in my living room, thank you jeep!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.