Kevlar Body Kits - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Kevlar Body Kits

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 10-03-2002, 08:53 AM   #1
WeDgE

Kevlar Body Kits

Well the CJ's body is pretty much shot, it is patched up for winter driving though. Next year I am planning to go with a full Kevlar body kit. Do any of you guys have experience with these? If so, what kit is considered the best, second best, etc. and why? I've heard people say that they shatter just like 'glass when hit, is this true?? I've considered going with 'glass and steel but I'd rather not have a 'glass body when it's -40*C outside (shatter)nor a steel body with the amount of salt on our roads. Thanks for any info that you guys have!

WeDgE

Unread 10-04-2002, 01:13 PM   #2
rustyCJ

I have the exact same problem. Winters here eat up bodies fast. I have looked at both the kevlar and steel bodies and finally decided to go with a JP offroad aluminum tub. The price for the aluminum tub is the exact same as for a steel tub and you won't ever have to worry bout it rusting. kevlar is strong but if it gets hit hard enough I'm sure it will crack, aluminum will just dent which can be fixed. Thats just what I have decided, everyones needs are different. something to think bout though
Unread 10-07-2002, 03:01 PM   #3
WeDgE

Thanks for the info!

Does anyone else have any experience with them?????

WeDgE
Unread 10-08-2002, 05:42 AM   #4
Bulletproofcj7

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...&threadid=1768
Here are some links to previous posts on the subject.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...&threadid=1723
1982 cj7. Frame off. shell valley kevlar body, stainless hinges, Bestop seats and supertop, KC titanium lights, Homemade swing out tire carrier with spare front wheel bearings/hub, Built 304,DUI,Edelbrock shorty headers with dual stainless 21/2 tubes into incynerator cans 21/4 dumped out the back,Edelbrock 600cfm, performer intake and cam, Borgeson lower column, Centerforce clutch, NV-4500, Dana 300 w/custom built twin stick, Homade 1/4" steel skid plate, 2.5 soft ride w/ 1" shackle lift, 33x12.5 mtr's. Stainless fuel and brake lines, Braided hoses. more...

Last edited by Bulletproofcj7; 10-08-2002 at 05:57 AM..
Bulletproofcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.