Kept the CJ5 for a week.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Kept the CJ5 for a week....

1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee Rear Leaf Spring (4 Leaf) Pair1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee Front Upper & Lower Control ArSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 02-23-2007, 09:29 AM   #1
woody-77
Vulcan FTW

2007 FSJ Cherokee 

Kept the CJ5 for a week....

I bought a CJ5 last week thinking the Jeep...an '86 CJ7.....I have wanted for 3 years now would never be for sale....

So I see the owner of the 7 on Tuesday....he asks me if I still wanted the Jeep....

It is now in my garage

Here's the CJ7

haven't had a chance to mount the winch yet...

'86 CJ7...2 owners....40k miles...original 6 cyl...original paint...D44...4:56 gears....Detroit lockers....and much much more...

One question.....the previous owner had Poly engine mounts installed....do these things help with anything or are they purely to vibrate the Jeep when you are sitting at a stop light....

Should I change these out and install rubber mounts?

Quote:
Thread deleted by Jerry Bransford
Reason: This was beyond human decency... posting about someone's girlfriend is ****ed up.

Last edited by woody-77; 02-23-2007 at 10:36 PM..
woody-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2007, 09:46 AM   #2
rb85cj7-82cj8

very nice jeep. i really like that color. looks good with the black wheels
rb85cj7-82cj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2007, 10:10 AM   #3
Fropleyqk
1999 TJ Wrangler 

So, what happened to the -5?

Poly mounts are more durable but less comfortable. If you're going to be doing any offroading (which it looks like you are) Keep 'em.
Unread 02-23-2007, 10:11 AM   #4
tcourdin

NICE! Do tell about it, engine etc??????? Why did the guy finally sell it?
88 Wrangler, Rebuilt I6, NV3550,Atlas 2,B&M Shifter,38/38 Weber, Skyjacker Lift & Nitro Shocks & Stabilizer, Black Diamond Discos, 35 " Regul MT's & Outlaw 2 Alum Wheels, 4.88 Gears, Dana 35 & Super 35 kit & Detroit Soft Locker, Dana 30 & Superior Axles & Detroit Soft Locker & No Disco, SRC Front & Rear Bumpers, SRC Side Armor, Warn XD 9000 I Winch & In Cab Controls, OR Fab Tire & Can Carrier, Rock Hard 4x4 Full Cage, Hood Rack & Hi Lift & AX, Outland Seats, KC & Silverstar.
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2007, 10:11 AM   #5
jonzer12
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Poly engine mounts, will last much longer, and keep engine more rigid. Those are the upsides, you seem to have figured out the downside for yourself.

That said,
Nice freaking Jeep!!!
jonzer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2007, 10:13 AM   #6
tcourdin

I also gotta know, what did the Wife say THIS time?????
88 Wrangler, Rebuilt I6, NV3550,Atlas 2,B&M Shifter,38/38 Weber, Skyjacker Lift & Nitro Shocks & Stabilizer, Black Diamond Discos, 35 " Regul MT's & Outlaw 2 Alum Wheels, 4.88 Gears, Dana 35 & Super 35 kit & Detroit Soft Locker, Dana 30 & Superior Axles & Detroit Soft Locker & No Disco, SRC Front & Rear Bumpers, SRC Side Armor, Warn XD 9000 I Winch & In Cab Controls, OR Fab Tire & Can Carrier, Rock Hard 4x4 Full Cage, Hood Rack & Hi Lift & AX, Outland Seats, KC & Silverstar.
Unread 02-23-2007, 10:21 AM   #7
woody-77
Vulcan FTW

2007 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fropleyquark
So, what happened to the -5?

Poly mounts are more durable but less comfortable. If you're going to be doing any offroading (which it looks like you are) Keep 'em.

I gave the 5 to a buddy of mine who just got divorced and is broke....deal is if he sells it he gives me the money...

Thanks for the info on the mounts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin
NICE! Do tell about it, engine etc??????? Why did the guy finally sell it?
Original 258....just had the engine rebuilt...everything on the engine is new...auto trans....I got a book of reciepts him and the precious owner kept....it has everything that was ever done to the Jeep.....Total of $16k spent on it plus the cost of the Jeep.

He has a YJ he uses for wheelin and was also using the YJ as his DD....he had to sell one of them to buy a new truck....he heard I had bought a Jeep and when I saw him asked me why I didn't buy his....I said..."You won't sell the damn thing"....Told me to make him an offer....it's now in my garage

Quote:
She actually likes this one and has been wanting me to buy it for a while now since it is an auto....she doesn't like the idea of her truck being kicked out of the garage but she'll get over it.

Quote:
Reason: This was beyond human decency... posting about someone's girlfriend is ****ed up.
Unread 02-23-2007, 10:22 AM   #8
Bard
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Nice ride, very clean.

Lucy, you got some explaining to do.......

I think he will explain to his wife that he needed to have two just incase she overreacts. In your defense, it would allow you to stretch a tarp from one rollbar to the other to cover the chair and TV and cooler if needed
85' CJ7 Laredo, 383 GM, Turbo 350, NP 203. SOA, 2" frame lift, 34" TSL swampers, Dana 30 open, AMC 20 w/ detroit locker, 4:10's, 1 Piece Mosers, 35" boggers to abuse when needed.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2007, 10:28 AM   #9
tcourdin

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody-77
...I got a book of reciepts him and the precious owner kept....it has everything that was ever done to the Jeep.....Total of $16k spent on it plus the cost of the Jeep.
You need to take the guy pics of the CJ5 you sawed up! He will start crying when you tell him you're gonna hack up the CJ7!!! Heck, I bet he will give you 2k over what you paid to get it back!
Unread 02-23-2007, 10:29 AM   #10
CJ7Rubicon
1985 CJ7 

Very nice.Ive been looking for an 86,but just about to give up.(Put me on the list of "if you ever wana sell it...")If I cant find one in a year or two,I`m gonna go get this cj8 that needs ALOT of work and build it.
Blue Jeep Club Member #134
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tQ_AE6iqis
http://www.freedomoffroad.org
CJ7Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2007, 10:30 AM   #11
Red_Ak_Ranger
1984 CJ7 

looks beautiful
Red_Ak_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2007, 10:32 AM   #12
woody-77
Vulcan FTW

2007 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
You need to take the guy pics of the CJ5 you sawed up! He will start crying when you tell him you're gonna hack up the CJ7!!! Heck, I bet he will give you 2k over what you paid to get it back!

He saw the fenders.... ......I promised him I wouldn't do it to this Jeep.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7Rubicon
.(Put me on the list of "if you ever wana sell it...")

You are 5th in line....

Quote:
Unread 02-23-2007, 10:34 AM   #13
tcourdin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7Rubicon
Very nice.Ive been looking for an 86,but just about to give up.(Put me on the list of "if you ever wana sell it...")If I cant find one in a year or two,I`m gonna go get this cj8 that needs ALOT of work and build it.
If you're interested in coming to Arkansas for one, I'll let you know if/when my buddy puts his 86 CJ for sale. It is about as clean as woodys new one, has a 350 in it, 4 speed, new seats, hard top, new 33's, really nice for a older CJ.
Unread 02-23-2007, 10:38 AM   #14
03XJeep

Nice Jeep man. I love CJ's I will just have to wait till I pay this Jeep off before I start on my Toy. I would love to get one and just build it up and play in it.
Unread 02-23-2007, 10:39 AM   #15
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

AHHHHH......Woody!

I thought it was cool when you offered to post a pic for me (of my old TJ), and I thought it was overly generous when were giving away membership upgrades.

Giving away a CJ...WTF? Are you trying for Sainthood?

(all my buddies ever give me is a bunch of guff!)

could you just finish punching me in the gut, and give the ballpark price of the new rig?

oh, and is it just me, or does the paint on the hood look a little warn?

(very, very nice by the way, Congrats)

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.