Kentrol Stainless Dash. Anyone have one? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Kentrol Stainless Dash. Anyone have one?

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #31
Sherms-CJ7

1982 CJ7 

Just got a question on my dash regarding the reinforcements around the glove box. Well, as I don't have a glove box yet, I thought I'd post these ...

img_3598.jpg

img_3599.jpg

img_3600.jpg

img_3601.jpg

Hope these pics answer the question! Let me know if they don't ...

Best regards -
John

()_)-()_)-o-)_)

... can't take credit for the graphic ... but it's cool, ain't it?
Sherms-CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #32
cj5russ

1976 CJ5 

They sure do. thatnks a ton! Its now between logans and double d's.
cj5russ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #33
sbcranger
1985 CJ7 

Just a caution about Logan's - call before you order because they are not very good with giving accurate lead times. They build in batches so it may be a while before they do cj dashes. It took about 10 weeks to get mine and they were hard to get on the phone. There is another thread about them on here somewhere and someone local to them said their shop is often closed. But for what it's worth it is a very nice dash panel and pretty heavy gauge metal.

Ps my order was about two years ago
sbcranger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #34
cj5russ

1976 CJ5 

Is it 16ga? Or thicker?

Edit: Logans are 16ga 304ss and double Ds are 16ga mild steel.

I think i'll try my luck with Logans. Thanks guys.
Unread 08-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #35
WSS
1972 CJ5 

The drawings to this dash are posted in the CJ CAD/drawing section. I cut it myself but the rest is pretty simple. SS or CR steel will work, I used 16ga CR and 1/8" aluminum for the switches. The rest was bought on ebay and sourced locally. Fun project. Find a CNC plasma guy close to you and bring him your material, should cost 20 to 50 bucks to cut everything.

WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #36
cj5russ

1976 CJ5 

wow man, that looks supurb! can't find the page with the plans though. You have a link?
Unread 08-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #37
WSS
1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5russ View Post
wow man, that looks supurb! can't find the page with the plans though. You have a link?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cj...f-dwg-1521626/

Lots of cool stuff there. If you have access to a cnc cutter, there are some good files in that section, hopefully that section grows with time.
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.