Kentrol Stainless Dash. Anyone have one? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Kentrol Stainless Dash. Anyone have one?

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 11-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #16
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78FordF150 View Post
Sorry just seen your post.

Don't remember the brand, got it at a swap meet with no box.

My dash is brushed stainless, the only thing I don't like is it reflects light sometimes back at you. I usually have sun glasses on anyways so not that big of deal.

[IMG][/IMG]
same reason I went to matching paint on the OEM dash, don't like that glare from the sun...

Unread 11-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #17
hutch1200
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ7 

I was wondering about light refraction on those stainless dashes. They sure are purty though!
Unread 11-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #18
cj7ole
1984 CJ7 

Sorry I am late to the party, you already have your dash, but I went with the thick aluminum one from Quadratech made by Aqualou Industries just so folks know there is another option. AL is easier to cut holes than SS and it is really quite rigid, it has the flange on the bottom also. http://www.quadratec.com/products/22527_01.htm

Unread 11-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #19
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch1200 View Post
I was wondering about light refraction on those stainless dashes. They sure are purty though!
yeah, nice looking for sure, but it really gets old when you can't see for all the glare off the shiny dash.. not worth it for that reason, plus you have to keep it polished too..
Unread 11-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #20
Jack61
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frhrwa View Post
yeah, nice looking for sure, but it really gets old when you can't see for all the glare off the shiny dash.. not worth it for that reason, plus you have to keep it polished too..
I've had a stainless dash for 20 years and don't have a problem with glare and it just gets wiped down a couple of times a year.
dsc00106.jpg  
Unread 11-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #21
Sherms-CJ7

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCJ7Laredo
Are the reinforcing plates on the back side on the Kentrol dash or on the Logans?

The main things that drew me towards the Kentrol are obvious in your picture. The details such as rolled edge on the glove box door, the proper speaker grilles, locating tabs on the gauge holes etc. You can see the weld marks on the factory OEM dashes too so that doesn't bother me.
BTW - The dash from Logan's might be thick enough that you shouldn't need reinforcement.

()_)-()_)-o-)_)

... can't take credit for the graphic ... but it's cool, ain't it?
Sherms-CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #22
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

your dash looks great, not real shiny like some I've seen.. may be the difference.. plus a lot of them are made in China.. there is a policeman in Las Vegas that makes a dash similar to yours, I'm going to look him up and see about the costs..
Unread 11-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #23
BlkCJ7Laredo

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherms-CJ7 View Post
BTW - The dash from Logan's might be thick enough that you shouldn't need reinforcement.

I wasn't concerned if the Logan's dash had the reinforcements or not, only if the Kentrol piece did? If you haven't sent the Kentrol piece back yet would it be possible to take a picture or two of the back side of it? Thanks.

My Rebuild/Restoration Thread, In Progress
BlkCJ7Laredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 04:20 AM   #24
Sherms-CJ7

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCJ7Laredo View Post
I wasn't concerned if the Logan's dash had the reinforcements or not, only if the Kentrol piece did? If you haven't sent the Kentrol piece back yet would it be possible to take a picture or two of the back side of it? Thanks.
Ah, you only wanted to know if there was reinforcement on the Kentrol dash - that makes sense. I don't think there was a reinforcement, but I'm not sure. And, I'm sorry because the Kentrol dash has already gone back ... again, very sorry about that! I really should have taken more pictures of it!

John
()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Unread 11-18-2012, 06:06 AM   #25
Sherms-CJ7

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack61 View Post
I've had a stainless dash for 20 years and don't have a problem with glare and it just gets wiped down a couple of times a year.
Jack, I really have to tell you that your dash looks great! BTW - Are those stainless or aluminum knobs? I was thinking of going with stainless knobs, but wasn't sure if the aluminum might look just as good for half the price. I was also wondering if I should go with black knobs as I was worried that too much stainless wouldn't look that good. Judging by your picture, I was very wrong on that point!

Best regards
John
()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Unread 11-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #26
Jack61
1981 CJ7 

Thanks. They are stainless knobs. This is the second stainless dash that I built for this Jeep. This one I decided to go a lot more different than stock and move all the heater controls around and added 2" to the height. BTW those are stainless angled gauge bezels also.
Unread 11-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #27
Sherms-CJ7

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Thanks. They are stainless knobs. This is the second stainless dash that I built for this Jeep. This one I decided to go a lot more different than stock and move all the heater controls around and added 2" to the height. BTW those are stainless angled gauge bezels also.
I was wondering about the angled gauge bezels! They look awesome. Did you make those or order them from somewhere? Yeah, your dash really came out great!

Just Googled "CJ7 dash angled bezels" and found the "double D fabrication" site: https://sites.google.com/site/doubledfab/Home

And, they have a page just for CJ dashes: https://sites.google.com/site/double.../jeep-cj-dashs

Looks like they do some pretty cool stuff ... Wish I'd seen that sooner ...

John
()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Unread 11-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #28
Jack61
1981 CJ7 

I made them many years ago. There is a company I found that has them in aluminum http://www.hardin-marine.com/c-1390-gauge-bezels.aspx. Double D does make some nice stuff but I take a lot of pride in fabricating most of my stuff.
Unread 11-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #29
Sherms-CJ7

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
I made them many years ago. There is a company I found that has them in aluminum http://www.hardin-marine.com/c-1390-gauge-bezels.aspx. Double D does make some nice stuff but I take a lot of pride in fabricating most of my stuff.
Wow, you fabricated those yourself! That's awesome - really looks great!

John
()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Unread 11-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #30
Jack61
1981 CJ7 

Thank you

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.