Kahn Design - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Kahn Design

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-10-2012, 02:10 AM   #16
KahnDesign1812

To everyone...thank you. For every part you did indeed take it easy on me.

It's the CJ model that we use as the basis of our Chelsea Jeep. Two of the three range in the UK are more for plush urban cruising though we are close to changing that to also include one model designed for the heavy stuff of climbing hills etc. We're also experimenting with converting a Land Rover 90 to offer choice.

Since we're experienced with bespoke carriage builds for the urbanite, if the forum has no objection as and when we consider design cues for future variants, I'd like to share with you folks and read your feedback. Feel free to personal message me too.

Thanks again.

KahnDesign1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #17
bentshackle
1983 CJ7 

Kahn,

Where in the UK are you? I'm from Dorset/Cornwall.

I think it's awesome that you are approaching people that use their jeeps more aggressively for their ideas.

However I think most of the people in this particular subforum are the polar opposite of your intended cliental.

I think a fair majority of the people here are bare bones types of vehicle owners with respect to their Jeeps. Probably why they are working on minimum 27 year old vehicles.

Many of us have no heat in our vehicles, most of us have no A/C. My seats don't match anything else, or each other. Hammers are our preferred tool most of the time. We start worrying when our jeeps stop leaking. When there is a piece of metal in the road, we stop to see if it fell off our jeep or we can use it for our jeep.

That said a lot of the members here have beautiful vehicles that definitely turn heads and are very capable off road.

With that in mind, if you want to create a bare bones but subtly refined off road vehicle, you have come to the right place as there is a wealth of knowledge here interspersed with strong opinions and egos bigger than their lift

We generally don't know what works but through many crushed knuckles, we are sure of what doesn't.

Often we are grumpy, crass and rude but its only because we're bleeding from our latest wrenching mishap.

O
Unread 07-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #18
KahnDesign1812

Hi O

We're in the North of England, Bradford actually and is where the coach building takes place. It's also where we're starting to stockpile the 17" alloy wheels and have Goodyear rubber coming our of our ears! If you know of a good home one that might be interested in taking some Goodyear and alloy wheel off us let me know...beginning to drown under their weight

It's no secret O that we take new Sahara models, the 2.8 and the 3.6 and strip them bare. Once naked we refit/repaint with the original two models aimed at a city lifestyle and the second range aimed at the more fashion conscious but looking for something less obvious like an Evoke or Range Rover type.

However, even here in the UK there's plenty of people who told us they wanted the new vehicle with the Kahn livery and with a vehicle that was more a balance of city and hill climbing. So to address this we're trying to develop an edition that addresses that. And since we have little in the way of knowledge about this community, it made sense, to me at least, to ask here.

To be clear, even these vehicles will still have chic and elegant interiors but with components more aligned to a rugged lifestyle. Much more of a cross-over vehicle. I hope that came across clearly.

One thing I'm looking for is a fabricator to develop a grille to cover the rear window on the outside.

Thanks once again.
Unread 07-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #19
Bobs85Reny
1985 CJ7 

Here is my thought of what I would like.
highlinecomando_lj.jpg  
Bobs85Reny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #20
Bobs85Reny
1985 CJ7 

this was my inspiration
commando70.jpg  
Unread 07-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #21
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentshackle View Post
Often we are grumpy, crass and rude but its only because we're bleeding from our latest wrenching mishap.
Or generally hemorrhaging from our wallets.
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #22
LT1CJ7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KahnDesign1812 View Post
what would you be looking for from a Wrangler if you were to buy a new one?
Incorporate the CJ grill, hood and get rid of the crap a$$ looking Wrangler flares.
I'd also like to keep all the interior options/creature comforts, But loose all the girly plastic junk and do a CJ dash retro restyle.
Also another vote for a "turbo" diesel.
The next step would to bring back a Scrambler model.
Then lastly bring back a truer version of the Laredo and Renegade packages.
LT1CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #23
KahnDesign1812

Thanks again...makes interesting reading.
Unread 07-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #24
sgtbookie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Bobs85remy's Commando design gets my vote. That would be a thing of beauty.

- 2005 Unlimited Rubicon Sahara #380 -
sgtbookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 06:35 AM   #25
KahnDesign1812

What do you all think of this new grille? We're toying with making this a permanent addition from here on in.
_dsc4061modified.jpg  
Unread 07-13-2012, 06:57 AM   #26
Bobs85Reny
1985 CJ7 

Looks very Hummerish
Unread 07-13-2012, 07:00 AM   #27
jdboy
1985 CJ7 

It has the wrong number of grill openings, just saying.
jdboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #28
jdboy
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
It's the CJ model that we use as the basis of our Chelsea Jeep.
Actually it isn't. Your Chelsea is based on a Wrangler JK. A CJ is an older version and what is typically discussed on this end of the forum. Not trying to flame or anything but just letting you know that the CJ series is at least 27 years or older.

Quote:
It's also where we're starting to stockpile the 17" alloy wheels and have Goodyear rubber coming our of our ears! If you know of a good home one that might be interested in taking some Goodyear and alloy wheel off us let me know...beginning to drown under their weight
The wheels you are describing will not fit a CJ series Jeep unless the owner has done an axle conversion. They fit the newer series.

EDIT: Here is the link to the Wrangler forum. You'll probably receive a lot more feedback on you product line over there. BTW, welcome to Jeepforums!!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/
jdboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #29
KahnDesign1812

@jdboy...whoops! Of course you're absolutely correct, my mistype.
Unread 07-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #30
sgtbookie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

@Jdboy has it right, the grill needs 7 slots.

- 2005 Unlimited Rubicon Sahara #380 -
sgtbookie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.